Friday, July 07, 2017

Sam's Birthday

Sam's birthday was on a Thursday this year. He went to school and like I mentioned in the last post, Dan met him for lunch and brought Burger King (chicken nuggets, fries, and a giant soda). Sam LOVES Sprite so he was in heaven.

For dinner he requested baked potatoes. Dessert was chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.



 He was really excited about that watch and has worn it every day since his birthday.

 So many great presents!




We almost forgot to do our traditional picture, but we remembered right before bedtime.


For his birthday, Sam asked to do the ropes course at the Richmond Zoo. The Saturday after his birthday, I took Sam and Afton to do the course, and since Afton wasn't yet eight, I had to do it too. It was really fun and had lots of challenges that the kids liked, but my problem was that everything was built for a kid's height. So I thought it was really hard! The kids loved it, though, and it was fun to try something new and different.







Sam is such a sweet, sweet guy. He is so smart and thoughtful about things. He's also so innocent still, and we love it. At his dr's appointment, he was 75% for height and 50% for weight for his age. He loves soccer, reading, and the two games he's allowed to play on the computer. We love him so much! Happy 9th birthday, Sam!

No comments: