This was part of our path to the beach.
Afton went from looking like this:
To this! We went to church in Morehead and then drove home for Afton's baptism. It was a little bit stressful, since we had just gotten back in town, but her baptism was beautiful. Dan and Grandma Cheney both spoke. I got the program wrong and asked them both to speak on the same thing! But Dan is good at improvising so it all worked out.
We had the baptism in the Young Women's room, where the font is, and lots of people came to support her, which was really nice.
Grandpa and Grandma Cheney with Afton.
Family.
I used to not like the fact that school doesn't start until the Tuesday after Labor Day, but now I kind of like it. We used Labor Day to get back in the swing of things before school started. This summer Sam got new transition lenses. They help a lot when he goes out for recess and when he plays soccer. Dan helped Sam and Afton with their back to school shopping. Sam got a lot of silly shirts which he loves. Can't believe this is his last year of elementary school!
And Afton is in third. Her teacher had a stroke right before school started, so Afton has basically had a long-term sub all year. The sub is really nice and loves the kids so we are grateful for that.
A lot happened in just those few short four days of September!
Our friends put in an awesome pool and she hosted a pool party for our play group. Here's Eli with his adorable friend Jonah.
I haven't really gotten very sick this pregnancy, but I have had days where I feel tired and just gross generally. On those days, I'd let Eli play in the toy room while I went and took a little nap on the couch. Lots of times when I woke up, Eli would be napping on the loveseat near me. Such a sweetheart. I don't usually make him nap anymore, so I thought it was sweet when he'd voluntarily nap near me.
We signed Afton up for soccer again. She has definitely improved! She doesn't want to play anymore after this season, though, so this is it.
Sam found ways to entertain himself during Afton's practices. He also plays still and loves it.
Another nap time.
No comments:
Post a Comment