Here's me going down a zip line. We were actually instructed to position ourselves like this, so don't blame me for the goofiness of the photo.
Then, after spending a couple days in that area, we drove to the pacific coast and stayed there for a couple days. We went to a couple really gorgeous beaches, and to another beach where the waves were good, but the riptide was too strong.
Next to this beach, we went on a hike and saw a few sloths, monkeys, coatis, and agoutis; these last two things are basically day-time raccoons and long-legged guinea pigs.
So, it was a lot of fun. Here's a video of our tour guide going down the zip line at our first destination. He took our camera down with him, to get a video of what it's like. It was more fun than it looks. When he looks down, it's probably 500 feet to the ground (this one got up to 200 meters off the ground).
12 comments:
That looks reall really cool. I thought you guys were traveling more ghetto style than that... lounging by the pool staring at a rainforest sounds amazing.
That looked like so much fun I wouldn't want to ever leave! I can't belive you guys went to CR. Better now before there's baby Durst. Kristen you look great!!
How fun! You guys got some great pics too. We went zip linning in Guatemala and it was totally fun, but definately scarey at first since it took me awhile to get use to the whole stopping thing =).
Dang. We never went anywhere warm for spring break. Boston one year and Rochester the next. Way to do something that you guys won't regret and will always remember!
Mission accomplished: everyone including me is jealous of you.
That was the coolest zip line I have ever seen. You are my biggest fan.
You mean, you're my biggest fan, right?
That's one of the coolest posts I've ever seen on a blog. Not like dumb pinewood derby or Eater X posts on some of those "imitation" blogs (just messing with you).
Dan, did you jump from the higher platform into the pool? That's the first thing I thought when I saw that photo.
Also, I don't think the tour guide had his legs up like he was birthing an imaginary baby. You just did that because you wanted to. Own it, man. No excuses.
Wow! That sounds like SO much fun! Jared and I went to Waynesboro to go bowling and to Walmart for spring break. :) Almost as good as your trip.. ;)
I had no idea you guys went the Costa Rica!! We went there for our honeymoon and stayed at the resort Tabacon for part of the time. The volcano had the biggest eruption in years while we were there (2000). We love Costa Rica and always recommend it to people. You guys ALWAYS go on such fantastic trips. How do you do it as students?!?!?!
Post a Comment