Thursday, August 21, 2008


We're Here!


We have been in Houston for a little over a week. Crazy! Dan made it down w/ the Penske in one piece. Sam and I flew down and met him here. Sam did surprisingly well on the flights. Just a few short outbursts... And I sat next to ladies with children so they were pretty understanding. One lady even gave Sam a NASA sticker. He didn't know what to do with it so I put it on his PJs. During the flight I got to see a lightning storm below us. That was pretty awesome.

Our apartment is a step up from family housing and it's great to have the extra space.

Here's just a quick overview of the ups and downs of our move and the past few weeks:

PROS:

TWO bedrooms!
TWO bathrooms!
Diswasher
Washer and dryer
Dan never has school again
We've had lots of time to spend together

CONS:

Mouse droppings in the kitchen
A new bug bite every day
Having our credit card number stolen and someone trying to buy things on match.com and other random sites
Someone scratching up our back bumper and not leaving a note
Everyone telling us we're in a drought but it's rained at least once a day

Oh, well. What are you gonna do? I think we'll like it here. Especially during the winter when it's cooler out. And it's been really great to have Dan around to do things with - otherwise I'd get lost.

In other news, Dan took Sam swimming for the first time. You can tell Sam really loved it!

6 comments:

C&C said...

terrorizing your child! that picture cracks me up. don't die of the haunta virus. that would be a horrible way to go. someone stole your credit card #? sheesh. good thing i don't have money to steal. love you

SAM!!! said...

credit card theft is a bummer where did it happen? I thought kids were supposed to like water. Houston sounds groovy we'll have to visit sometime when it's cooler and not humid.

Betsy said...

How exciting! Same is definitely a born fish. He is so cute. How scary that your credit card # was stolen and must be a pain to get things figured out.

Rebecca said...

Welcome to Texas! We should have a UVa reunion sometime:)

Amy said...

When do the swimming lessons start? Sam looks like the next Michael Phelps! Whoever stole your credit card must be lonely, Match.com, there has to be something better to spend stolen money on?!

Katrina said...

Oh dear, good luck with those mouse droppings! Are you showering in the second bathroom every other day to maximize the satisfaction of having two bathrooms? (I'm such a dork.) Hopefully Sam will catch on to how cool pools are! Were you able to get everything sorted with the credit card problem? How scary!