Sunday, August 03, 2008

FREE!!!
No, not free slurpees or DQ coupons, unfortunately. I'm free. From studying.

Kristen tells me I need to write a post about finishing the bar exam. I haven't really wanted to because I don't have any pictures to post that would relate the misery of studying for and taking the bar exam. So here's an unrelated picture instead.



So I took the exam last week in Austin, Texas. I got to stay with my brother and his family while I was there, so that was really nice. I don't know what to say really, other than that I think, and really hope, that I probably passed. It was 2 and 1/2 days of handwriting in a freezing convention center (there's a Gun Show! this Saturday and Sunday, according to the banner outside), with my insides doing loopty-loos pretty much the whole week (and a couple weeks leading up to it also). Since I don't have any real pictures, I'll improvise. During the exam, it felt something like this:



So, I was really happy to get to come home and see Kristen and Sam, and to get a month off before work starts.

When I got home, Kristen had made me this:

And Sam this:

6 comments:

Dan said...

Oh, but Kristen did make me a beautiful congratulations cake (she has some serious cake making skills) and made an "I love daddy" onesie for Sam. What a great wife!

The Callens said...

Congrats on all the is happening. Sam is so cute and looks alot like Dan. The crib we got was from babies r us. The Delt soho 5 in 1 crib. After much research and looking we thought this was a good deal and was really sturdy compared to so many we looked at. We didn't really want black but it was the only color in that crib but we both really like it. Online you can find some good deals but I was too nervous to purchase anything without first seeing it. Good luck with the move.

Brady said...

Best part of this post? The fact that Dan is wearing his wolf shirt.
Congrats! We'll miss you guys!

SAM!!! said...

congrats Dan. I am sure you did well on the bar... or passed whichever is most important...

Arielle said...

Hey, when are you guys leaving?

Gretchen said...

I was going to note what Brady already noted--the wolf shirt. If you took, and passed, the bar in the wolf shirt we gave you, I will feel deeply honored.