Dan and I haven't been doing too much lately. Well, not much worth writing about anyway, but too bad. I'll write anyway.
Last weekend Dan was in charge of a fundraiser for the boy scouts at church. They held a spaghetti dinner where the boys served everyone. After dinner, there was a dessert auction. It was a huge success and they earned twice as much as they did the year before! Dan was pooped from that experience so we just went home and redboxed Australia. I would give it a 6.5. I think Dan said he would give it a 7.5. There was a love scene. We hit the fastforward. The night before we redboxed Kungfu Panda. I loved it. I'd give it a 7.5. I think Dan gave it a 7? It was a really fun movie.
This past weekend we went to the Houston Rodeo, which is a HUGE deal here. It goes on for 3 weeks in March and each night they have various event in a giant arena and then after the rodeo events, someone big in the country world performs. We went on one of the last nights and it was so much fun. I'd never been to a rodeo before and I think we'll have to go back more often next year! One of my favorite events was the mutton bustin' where kids between the ages of 4 and 6 hold on for dear life to the back of a sheep who obviously wants them off. Only one girl held on the whole time. We also saw bronco bucking, bare-back broncos, bull riding, barrel racing, etc. It was awesome. Afterwards, Brooks & Dunn performed but by then, Sam was pretty pooped so we stayed for one song and then left.
Dan and I had fun, but I'm not sure about Sam (see hand)!
Cupcake update: THEY ATE ALL OF THEM!
4 comments:
great day! that rodeo is ridiculously huge. i love that last picture of sam.
Grandma Williams just bought the kids some rodeo toys and they can't seem to put them down. Two horses with cowgirls and one serious cowboy riding on the bull. They can't wait to go to a rodeo! Looks like you did your ID roots proud:).
congrats on the cupcakes. I always thought a rodeo would be fun for the sheer americana of it all.
Brook & Dunn is so appropriate...takes me back to captively listening to Neon Moon one of our numerous station wagons. "If you lose your one and only, there's always room here for the lonely."
Post a Comment