Friday, August 21, 2009

While out and about the other day, I noticed that stores already have their Halloween decorations out. It made me happy. I LOVE Halloween! I mean, candy and scaring people? Nothing could be better. When I was little, I used to hide in the closet waiting for my mom to put the laundry away so that when she opened the door I could really scare her. And I did. And she got mad at me.

After Dan and I got married, we used to scare each other sometimes, but it's not as funny when it's just the two of you and you get freaked out if you think it's really a burglar or something. So we made a deal that we wouldn't scare each other anymore and now I don't have anyone to scare. I'd scare Sam, but that's just flat-out cruel.

So anyway, I've been thinking about Halloween lately because I want some ideas for Sam when the big day rolls around. In the past, I've just resorted to quick, easy costumes for me and Dan. But I'd like something better than that this year (mostly for Sam). Here are some ideas I've had so far: a mime or a leprechaun. That's it. Hopefully something will come to me in the next few months.
Dan wanted Sam to be the Joker from Batman. Can you imagine how sad (not to mention sick and twisted) it would be to see a baby dressed like the joker for Halloween?

8 comments:

C&C said...

no on the mime. that would look creepy. plus you'd have to cover his face in stuff and that's mean.

Sarah H said...

My mom would get so mad at us too if we scared her! I am so jumpy that it's easy to make me startle.

Julie said...

I can't wait for Halloween this year! I'm so excited to dress Caden up. I was thinking of a monkey for Caden because he kind of reminds me of a little monkey or maybe a dirt biker. But I can tell you are looking for something a little more creative for Sam. What about a hill billy?

PS. Thanks for spelling "bjorn" right! I should have double checked my spelling beforehand.

maynard said...

You two are starting to worry me.

j/k

C&C said...

they have cute, normal, precious costumes for little kids at costco! if you have a costco nearby you should see if yours has some too.

Brittney said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! I'm useless on the costume idea, but I laughed so hard about your scaring stories. I remember you used to scare me when we were roommates.

The Harrisons said...

That's so funny because Travis and I always scare each other, too! He actually just scared me the other day. The best time though was back in c'ville-I was sitting on the couch drinking a glass of milk and he jumped out around the corner and I spilled milk all over myself! Scaring each other never gets old for us.

Katrina said...

I really like the leprechaun idea, how cute would that be?! The mime might look like a clown and be confusing as to which it is...at least, if I came up with the costume it would (maybe since you're more creative and make really cute cupcakes and stuff it wouldn't be confusing).