Friday, September 18, 2009

Buggin'

I was really excited to have our house back up to woods. Maybe I've changed my mind. Every day there are bugs in this house. We kill at least one spider per day, but I'd say the average is more like 4. We also have these beauties:

GROSS!! They're called wood cockroaches and they just crawl inside every once in a while. The other night I found one upstairs in Sam's bathroom trashcan. So sick! I sprayed that thing with Raid like it was going out of style and I still don't think it died. We eventually just bagged up the trash and took it outside. Also, did you know they're 1 inch long and can FLY? I didn't before. Now I do.

The other day, Dan saw a black snake out back while he was mowing the lawn. Last night I saw an orange-colored snake out front before we left for a walk. I'm now familiarizing myself with the poisonous and non-poisonous snakes...
I think I'll ask for an exterminator for Christmas! Well, not an actual person, but you know what I'm saying.

7 comments:

SAM!!! said...

we've had the same experience owning a house. Suddenly there are bugs and you can't figure out how they got in. One thing we've done that really worked is the ortho home defense stuff. Spray around your house every 6 months and it seems to keep most bugs out.

Kristen said...

Thanks for the tip!

The Harrisons said...

Eww, I hate bugs!! Good luck with that. I hope you can find a solution.

Also, I loved that hanging alphabet you made! Really cute. I have a Cricut too and don't you just love it?!?!

K said...

I hear Wendell's good, and he accepts payment in sweet smooches.

Sarah H said...

Diazanon is supposed to be amazing stuff. It's so strong that I think they took it off the market in some states.

I think Ortho home defense is what I used in our last place. It worked pretty well. (I couldn't find diazanon.)

Bexie Funk said...

eww! roaches are the worst! we don't get the kind that fly, i think i'd pass out if we did.

Katrina said...

Oh no! I definitely think the exterminator sounds like a good idea!