Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sam's bedroom walls are pretty bare. (As are all of the other walls in our house...) I wanted to spice them up a bit. I saw this in a Land of Nod catalog and thought I could probably make something similar using my Cricut. So I got to work. I wanted paper with a pattern similar to the kind they used, but I couldn't find any so I bought a packet of little-boy themed paper at Michael's using a 40% coupon. Two hours later I had this:Granted, it's not made out of wallpaper like the catalog's version. And they hung theirs with shoelace. I used string. But I like it! If I had bought their version, and done the alphabet, it would have cost around $90. I did it for under $10.

Today Dan and I got callings at church. We're the new team teachers of the 7 year olds. Should be pretty fun!

11 comments:

The Rowes said...

I love do it yourself projects. Your ABC's turned out really nice. Good job!

C&C said...

that's so cute! i really like it. is there anything backing the paper? just wondering so it doesn't start turning at the corners. 7 year olds...that would be interesting.

Sarah H said...

What a great project and a fun idea! You did a great job.

Amanda said...

The Cricut!!! I saw an infomercial for that in Canada and thinking it was amazing. Looks like it is!

SAM!!! said...

way to go. Making your own is always better.

Katrina said...

Ooh, they both look great Kristen! Great job, and way to save money! I didn't know you had a cricut, that's exciting. Have fun with the 7 year olds (they'll love Sam--and you and Dan, of course)!

Betsy said...

Cute, I am so jealous you have a cricut. I am working on getting one.

Chelsea F. said...

What a cute idea! I love using letters as decorations. Your new home is beautiful , by the way.

Bexie Funk said...

very cute! and your house is beautiful! glad everything is going so well!

Diane said...

What a great idea for the Sam's bedroom, I love it! That must have taken forever cutting all of those out.

Tiffany said...

love it!! That was such a good idea!