Thursday, January 14, 2010

For the past few months, there's been someone else in Dan's life. I've been slightly jealous that Dan was spending so much time with this other person. At night, when he would get home, he'd eat with us and then be off busy for an hour or two. Finally, after waiting patiently, I'm back to having his full attention. "Who was this other person?" you make ask. It wasn't a woman, it was a wizard. His name is Harry Potter.

Dan's sister recommended the books to him even though he'd always mocked HP readers. He decided to give the first one a shot and then he was hooked. I'd request them from the library and he'd have 2 weeks per book. Since they're really long, he'd be reading all the time. I'm happy to announce that Dan is now done with all seven books! I have my husband back!


Now we have to watch all the movies. We started the first one last night. I noticed that I have hair very similar to Hagred's. (I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong. I haven't read the books.) If you'll refer to the previous post, you'll find the comparison uncanny. We decided that Dan could be Harry and Sam could be Darby the house elf. Just 9+ months to Halloween!


And here's a picture of Sam enjoying his motorcycle. And for some reason, he can no longer say "motorcycle." Now it sounds like "mama cicle-cicle-cicle."

7 comments:

SAM!!! said...

they're addicting reads.
movies not so much.

Unknown said...

Oooooh, I love Harry Potter.

K said...

-----> previous opinion of Dan

-----> super cool

-----> cool

-----> not bad

-----> current opinion of Dan

C&C said...

i'm without my husbabnd for the entirety of the college football season.

Julie said...

How'd you finally convince Dan to read them? Clint has been the same way and has always mocked everyone for reading them, and I can't see him changing his mind anytime soon!

I love Sam's motorcycle. It's so cute!

Sarah H said...

oh, that made me laugh. I love your hair.

Katrina said...

Love the hair Kristen! YOU need to read Harry Potter too! It is the BEST!!! I'm so glad Dan was obsessed (and that you can have him back now).