Sunday, February 07, 2010

Week in pictures

These are the pictures we took this week:

For the first time in the entire history of owning this bundt pan (5+ years), I successfully got the cake out without it falling to pieces. I had to document it for future generations.
And if it looks like it's floating, it kind of was. It was a little rounded on the bottom.

We went to the park.

That's about it. We laid low this week. It's been rainy and cold. There's even a chance for snow this week, but I hope Gene Norman (our trusty meteorologist) is mistaken. I want 70 degrees back!

Lately I have been LOVING BlowPops. I got a bag of 16 for $1.97 at Walmart and have been having one a day. You can't really have them more often than that because then they cut your mouth. I only lament the fact that they put so many cherry-flavored ones in the bag. I have to alternate betweeen cherry and other flavors so I'm not left with tons of cherry at the end.

Sam loves to say "Walmart." We went there a few weeks ago and he looked up at the sign and yelled, "Walmart!" Kind of pathetic, I know, but I promise we only go once a week. He just loves it for some reason. We also saw a commercial for Walmart the other day and the same thing happened, "WALMART!". (It kind of sounds like "Mall-mart" though.) I guess he just likes a deal. I'll try to get him on camera saying it.

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

Good job on the cake! It's beautiful. Sam is so cute. I can't believe he can say Walmart, what a stud.

Brittney said...

How did you get it out perfectly... what did you do different this time? I need to know your secret. Also, I have been loving tootsie roll pops lately, so I can relate on your blow-pop thing! Also, awesome job by Dan on the bookcase... it's beautiful!! I tried to comment on that post but it wasn't letting me.

K said...

I guess Sam thinks its okay for a large international juggernaut to squeeze all the humble local merchants out of the market, turn verdant meadows into minivan-ridden McSuburbs, and exploit our GED-wielding masses with low wages and poor benefits. I guess he likes that kind of behavior. Well I don't.

K said...

Just kidding. I'm totally okay with it.

Sarah H said...

I love the slide photo. So perfect.