Friday, March 12, 2010

My Parents Came to Visit

Last weekend, my parents made a quick trip down to Houston. It was SO much fun to have them here and I only wish they would have stayed longer!


They got in Thursday night and we just had dinner/hung out/played a game. Friday, I took my parents to Mercer Arboretum. It was really pretty but a lot of the plants weren't in bloom, so we basically walked around. Sam found a swing that he refused to get off of, so my mom and dad sat with him for a while.
We also discovered a nice park and picnic area. We're definitely going back!

We had lunch at a local hot spot called the "Potatoe Patch" where a man walks around with a tray of hot rolls and throws them at you if you want one. They call them "throw'd rolls." It was good. We finished off the afternoon with a stroll around our neighborhood.

Saturday we ran errands in the morning and then headed to the world's largest rodeo: the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. The actual rodeo and performance afterwards were sold out so we walked around the exhibits and carnival. Sam got to experience his first petting zoo. He wasn't the least bit scared, even though the animals were basically at eye-level. He just walked around touching them. He kept pulling the goats' tails and lifting them up. (GROSS!) We're glad he didn't get kicked or pooped on.
After the petting zoo, we saw the biggest cow I'd ever seen in my life. It was gigantic. And it almost rolled over onto Dan. Hence his face in this picture.
Sam and Dan rode the carousel (on a bear, of course).
It was tons of fun and the weather was BEAUTIFUL!

Sunday my dad headed back to VA while my mom stayed and spoiled me until Wednesday. I'm so glad they came! Mom also helped me figure out my sewing machine and start my first project. I just have to add a few things and then I'll post pictures. Thank you so much for coming! We love you!

6 comments:

C&C said...

that first picture of sam is so presh!

K said...

glad to see the wolf shirt out in public

Kevin, Jenni and Conor said...

I noticed the wolf shirt too! Perfect choice! :)

SAM!!! said...

That's a great post. Well done. I want some throw'd rolls.

ashlee said...

I need my parents to come and see me.

Katrina said...

Looks like fun! Sam is super cute. I'm excited to see your sewing project...!