I had a doctor's appointment today. Well, first I waited AN HOUR past my appointment time. Then I waited 15 minutes more in the exam room. After that, I waited 5 minutes in the ultrasound room. Then I waited 5 minutes to get my blood taken. Lame. I hate going to the doctor.
Anyway, she's still breech. At this point, we have a few options. If she's still breech at next week's visit, they may try to manually turn her w/ no medication. I've heard that external versions sans drugs are really, really painful. So I'm scared about that. If that works, and I can handle the pain, great! All is well. If that doesn't work, they'll try again either at 39 weeks or if I go into labor on my own before that. If it works at 39 weeks, they'll induce me that day. If it doesn't, I'll have a c-section that day. So unless it goes well next week and they turn her, I'm looking at definitely giving birth a week early and potentially having major surgery. (Plus scar number 3 on my roadmap of a stomach.) AH! I'm not ready for this.
That's all.
Thursday, August 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Remember Jack. When he was losing his first patient on the operating table, he told himself, "I'll let the fear take me over for 5 seconds." Then he took charge of his fear and got the job done. The same thing worked for Kate when she had to run into the clearing to save Jack from the island monster.
That's what you need to do.
I thought he didn't watch lost? That's bad news sis. Here's hoping the little one turns.
ew. you watch lost? sorry about your baby. get to work in your kitchen and have mom come out!
C-section is not too bad. My surgery was similar to one. The recovery just takes a little longer, and you'll definitely want help. Good luck with the turning! A lady at work had to have that done, and she said it was uncomfortable, but it worked!
Teresa
I know the feeling! I tried all the techniques on the spinning babies website, etc. and nothing worked. Ev. was too low to turn, so I got the C-section. I have some pointers on recovery if you end up having one. :)
Don't give up hope yet. I've heard several stories of babies turning around at the last minute. We'll pray that all goes well for you.
Post a Comment