His latest favorite lunch is a "peanut butter and jam sandwich." He has, on occasion, eaten 3 during one meal. (It's just one slice, folded over.)
For breakfast, he typically has Lucky Charms. He eats most of it, but leaves the last little bit when he sees that there aren't any more marshmallows left.
He likes to sleep with two stuffed animals (he calls them "fox" and "blue bear") during his naps and at night.
We've been trying to teach him to be soft with Afton. Now whenever he does something that we don't like and tell him "no" he looks at us and says, "Softly." Thinking that if he does it softly, we'll tell him it's okay. Yesterday he told us he wanted to ride his motorcycle down our flight of stairs "softly." Not gonna happen, kid.
He likes to go on walks to feed the ducks. He also really likes going to friends' houses and having friends over to play.
He watches portions of either Toy Story 2 or Cars practically every day except Sunday.
Sam likes to pick out Afton's clothes. The other day he picked this ensemble. It reminds me of my favorite Starburst flavors.
Every time we take a picture of Afton, he wants us to take one of him, too. That's how we got these:
I think he's got the prettiest blue eyes ever!
Afton:
Afton is either asleep or crying. I thought things were getting better, but she's been crying for the past 2 hours, so I guess I was wrong.
She is also quiet when she gets her diaper changed and (usually) when she takes a bath.
She likes her bath water hot, just like I do.
She likes to snuggle with Dan.
She's done a few 7-hour stretches at night, but she's usually up at 1 and 5 in the morning.
10 comments:
I was laughing when I read the part about Sam wanting to ride is motorcycle down the stairs "softly"! Haha, what a funny kid.
Afton is such a beautiful girl! I'm sorry she cries so much. That is not fun.
She's so pretty! i like those pictures because I feel like in all of the other ones you have put up I can't tell that much what she really looks like (she's sleeping or whatever). Does she have a birthmark on top of her head? Lucky for you she is quiet during bath and diaper time. Charlotte is usually hollering. But she does not cry for 2 hours. And you know I love sam. duh.
Sam sounds fun. Z doesn't get the softly thing and just gets mad at us. When she is mad she throws tantrums and A is usually the recipient. Afton is a cutey babies seem to cry eat and sleep. That's pretty much their only jobs.
What cute kids. I was thinking the other day about after I had my c-section and I was thinking about you. This may not apply but here you go anyway. I found that the c section went really well and I almost preferred it. I didn't realize how much it took out of me. I was talking to Stephanie on the phone a couple months after we had both had our babies and she said that she was finally starting to have some energy back and felt motivated. I just remember thinking that I didn't feel like I would ever have my motivation or energy back. I think I had some anemia from the blood loss. The loss of energy just felt so permanent and I was discouraged. It did come back and it was amazing how much better I felt and how much I could get done. So anyways, if you are dragging and not feeling motivated just be easy on yourself and it will get better.
Hello beautiful mother! Your baby is soooo pretty and Sam is so cute. I blog-hopped on over from Jamie's blog. I'm sorry Afton is fussy. Good thing she is so cute. Sylvia cried for 2 months and finally a kind doctor prescribed ranitidine syrup for her (for acid reflux) and she was a brand new kid. I think acid just really hurt her-- although she didn't spit up a lot. I just gave it to her for a few months (maybe until she was 6 months old) and it really worked well. Some doctors prescribe it really quickly for colicky babies. I hope you can find such a doctor. I had tried Gripe water, gentle formula, every bottle under the sun, etc.
Much love and let me know how it goes.
Love your cousin,
Steph
I am sorry that Afton cries a lot, not fun. Luckily she is darling so that helps to make up for it.
Oh man, I'm sorry Afton cries so much. A. did too (except he wouldn't sleep). As soon as we got him on acid reflux meds he was able to take naps on his own. It changed my life! One of the few things that helped was warm baths with water on his tummy. I'd give him long baths every night just to calm him.
Also I'm a big fan of Alimentum (hypoallergenic) formula. I tried all sorts of crazy elimination diets to figure out if what I was eating bothered him. It's so hard to figure out.
I'm glad that Sam is so much fun.
p.s. - I tried gripe water and mylicon drops too but they didn't seem to help at all. But some people swear by them.
you have such a beautiful family. Don't be afraid to say something to your doctor it's amazing how much better life is for you and baby when you know what is wrong. I noticed that she has an umbilical hernia...all of my girls have had that. It doesn't hurt them and USUALLY goes away on it's own. You probably already know all this but thought i'd pass it on just in case.
I love Sam's idea about the motorcycle. haha! And I'm totally with you on the starburst flavors...those are my favs too! I'm sorry Afton cries a lot... I'm sure it's not easy with her fussing. I hope that settles down soon. She's a really beautiful little girl.
Post a Comment