We spent a great weekend with Dan's family (his brother Adam's family and his parents) in San Antonio at Seaworld and then at Adam's house in Austin. We didn't take our camera into the park, just the video camera. So once I get all those videos uploaded, I'll write more about our fun trip. For now, I'll focus on our picture-taking attempts on the way home.
Around this time of year the bluebonnets start to pop up in the "Hill Country." I have been wanting to take family pictures in the bluebonnets for two years. So on the way home, we kept our eyes peeled for any bluebonnet fields. It's supposedly two weeks early according to this website. Plus that area is a foot-short on rainfall. But I was hopeful. We drove and drove and finally I was about to give up. Then we saw one! A field with bluebonnets. There weren't tons and tons yet, but enough for pictures. So we stopped and took some.
For some reason, it's only letting me add those. I'll add more later. Hopefully!
UPDATE: Here are the rest.
Please notice how Sam, who usually HATES getting his picture taken, turned into a total ham and ruined half our family pictures. But that's okay. We love him anyway.
And in the end, I think we got at least one good one.
Until next time!
Monday, March 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Afton's face is hilarious in a couple of those. Who's in the background of the last one? sea world is the bomb.
Those are outstanding. Afton is making some rad faces and just think how we look back and laugh at all the pictures Kirk ruined. Maybe Sam is just making future nostalgia more enjoyable.
Kristen,
Great job on the photography. You'll always treasure pictures like these. What a beautiful family and backdrop.
You got some good ones. I love the ones with the two kids together and Sam kissing Afton. What a sweetie.
Kristen, those pictures turned out SO good! You look beautiful in all of them. Sam and Afton are so adorable. I love them all!
Love the one of Sam kissing Afton. So presh. And dan holding a very unhappy afton.
So cute. Dan looks like a giant in the bluebonnets compared to sweet little Afton.
Kristen, these are really great pics. I especially love the one of you with the kids, and all of the ones where Afton is scrunching her face up. Very cute.
The other day at work someone sent around pics of snakes hiding in bluebonnets, now I'm all scared to go in the grass around here:
http://www.snakeboots.com/bluebonnets2.jpg
-K
What a cute little family you guys have.
Great pics! Sam was cracking me up. Do children ever cooperate when you most want them to? I still think you got a lot of good ones.
I love the pictures! That is awesome!
Post a Comment