Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Seeing the family and Seaworld

So like I mentioned before, last weekend we met up with Dan's brother's family and Dan's parents at Seaworld San Antonio. We'd never been before and it was so fun! Dan took Friday off and we headed out early.

We got to Seaworld at noon and headed straight for the two roller coasters. Dan and I took turns going on them. It's kind of weird to ride a roller coaster by yourself. You keep looking around for someone to share the experience with. But in my case, I was the only one in the row and there was no one in the row behind me. So you kind of just have to smile to yourself and I felt pretty goofy. But it was fun.

After the roller coasters, we went to the penguin house where you stand on a moving sidewalk and it takes you in front of the glass. Sam loved it. We called it a "ride" and he did it three times. (All pictures were taken w/ the video camera. Hence the bad quality. Plus I was holding Afton so they're blurry.)



After the penguins, we went to the Shamu show and then met up with the rest of the group. We spent the rest of the time going back to the rollercoasters and then watching a dolphin show. That night we had dinner at Red Robin and headed to the hotel. Our kids were totally pooped.

Saturday we went back to Seaworld and spent the majority of the time in the waterpark. It was a lot of fun! It was cloudy that morning, so the waterpark was really empty and Dan and I did all the slides while Dan's parents watched the kids. It was awesome! It was really nice to visit with Dan's family and also visit Seaworld because if they hadn't suggested it, I don't know when we would have gone.

We drove over to Austin Saturday night and visited until Sunday afternoon. It was so nice to see Dan's family and spend time with them. And now we've got season tickets that are good until January. So if anyone wants to go with us, just say the word!

3 comments:

C&C said...

That's like our penguin exhibit minus the moving sidewalk! kids are always running back and forth with the swimming penguins. I like seaworld. looks like a good time.

SAM!!! said...

I've been to Sea World.

SAM!!! said...

you should've had Sam try to flirt with those cute girls in the second shot. Show off his Sam pick up skills.