Thursday, April 28, 2011

Eight months

Afton turned eight months on Easter. We love her.

She is a total snuggle bug. She'd be happy to be held all day long. And if she's not being held all day long, 50% chance she's not happy!

She sits up well on her own, but has only rolled over a handful of times.

She still hates tummy time.

Her eyes are this gorgeous GORGEOUS blue.

When you hold her, she holds your arm with one of her hands and scratches and pinches you like crazy. It hurts.

She's started to babble a lot more.

She loves Sam. Sam loves to make her laugh. He also loves to make her cry.

She likes lots of different baby food - mangos, peaches, pears, apples, bananas, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash.

We are so grateful for our sweet little girl.

Today I saw this picture of Dan and thought I'd put it up with one of myself and one of Afton for comparison.

Dan at eight months.
Me at five months. Yes, I'm dressed like a boy.

Afton today.

She likes to be thrown in the air. These are blurry, but you get the idea.


And here's Sam. His feet FINALLY reach the pedals on the tricycle that we bought him a year ago. And his look is not complete without his "funny smile."

4 comments:

SAM!!! said...

Nice go. I am confused by who Afton looks like. It's really a mix. Aiden does the same thing with arm scratching and 50% he's not happy if he's not being held. Maybe it's just the age?

C&C said...

that picture of sam is HILARIOUS. I think Afton looks more like dan...maybe because of the face shape? i don't know. glad she likes all those foods. our neighbor boy has that same bike as Sam and is obsessed with it.

Gretchen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gretchen said...

I think you accidentally posted a picture of me at five months. Please switch to one of yourself.

It was weird watching Afton because she's the opposite of Wendy with regard to being held. Afton just sat there for a long time on my side; Wendy crawls over acting like she wants to be held then leans over like she wants to dive out of your arms after about ten seconds. I think she just like the reaffirmation that you'll hold her if she asks, but doesn't actually like it.
-Kirk