Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sorry I'm Lazy

My parents came to town and we had lots of fun. We went bowling, to a bounce house place, swimming, shooting (the men), shopping (the ladies), and Chuck E. Cheese. I actually liked Chuck E. Cheese a lot more this time than the last time I went.



 Highlights from bowling: The angry man who worked there. We were one of the first groups to come and he was already acting totally annoyed with everyone. When Sam rolled a ball too slowly down the lane, it eventually came to a stop about halfway down. My dad straddled two gutters and went out there to give it a big push. The angry man got on the loudspeaker and told everyone to stay off the lanes. He was looking at dad.
Another bowling memory was that 80% of the arcade games didn't work and just ate quarters. No wonder they had a sign that said, "No refunds. Play at your own risk."
 Sam dressed himself that morning. Can you tell?

Sorry your eyes are half-closed, Dad.
 Run for your life, kid! I'm going to get you!





I failed to mention that one night all the adults got to go out to a fancy dinner. That was really nice, too. I love having my parents here. It's nice to have someone to visit with during nap times and play with the kids during the day. My mom is also amazing at cooking/cleaning/anything and wears me out with her energy. Thanks so much for coming! Can't wait to see you again soon.

4 comments:

Fabulous Featherette said...

It was so fun to be with all of you! I love Carter's bowling "form." Cute pics. I look forward to being with you in a month. p.s. Dad went gun shopping yesterday.

C&C said...

Dad went gun shopping?! Sounds like you guys had fun. Also sounds like we definitely should not waste our time at that bowling alley over Thanksgiving.

SAM!!! said...

We should all go shooting over thanksgiving. I am a bit surprised about Kirk and Dad. I didn't know guns were in the blood. Real Virginian! someday I'll come back to VA and there will be deer heads on the walls in the basement. Did Dan put them up to this?

Cassidy said...

That guy at the bowling alley is always mean to everyone! So don't take it personally I guess :)

I love the picture of Sam in the walker, with Carter obviously irritated that it isn't his turn to sit in the tiny pink trap, haha.