We flew to Virginia on Friday, December 21. This was the first time Afton had her own seat.
Don't they look alike?
Sam was excited to fly so he could have "snacky snacks." He never calls them that, but whatever. Snacky snacks it was. He was a great traveler. Can't say the same for Afton. She was crying, whining, all over the place, on my lap, Dan's lap, etc. But we survived. We got to Virginia in the afternoon and relaxed the rest of the day.
Saturday Dan and I went out to do a little last-minute shopping and we stopped by Charlottesville's best bagel restaurant - Bodo's. That was the first of three trips we'd make in like 6 days. I should mention that Kirk and Gretchen and clan were already in VA and Ryan and Teresa and clan came on Saturday. That afternoon we went on an "adventure" through the woods.
That hat is all that remains of her Toy Story alien toy costume from last Halloween. In case you're wondering. The ears fell off.
And I took some pictures of Carter and his stitches goatee.
Sunday Sam woke up sick and barfed all day. I went to church w/ Afton while Dan took care of Sam. Poor kid. He was back to his usual self the next day. Candice and Craig and clan came Sunday and I got to meet my newest niece - Millie!
She is adorable.
We also spent a lot of time in my parents' basement playing. We decorated the Christmas tree and the kids painted ornaments.
Monday (Christmas Eve) we did our annual-if-we're-all-together name swap where we draw someone's name and get them a present at the Ruckersville Wal-mart. Dan's Christmas wish came true that day - it snowed! Our kids saw snow for the first time that they can remember.
We also cooked a lot of food for our Christmas Eve dinner, opened a pre-dinner present (socks all around!), and had a special Christmas family home evening.
First attempt at a family picture.
Much better.
I have to finish the rest in another post b/c for some reason it's not allowing me to add more pictures... Stay tuned.
5 comments:
I started to do a lengthy post like this today but blogger crashed my computer every time I tried to upload photos. not cool.
Great photos. Great memories. Hey, how come Afton will let Kirk hold her?
Great photos. Great memories. Hey, how come Afton will let Kirk hold her?
Awesome pics, minus the one of craig, millie, and me in mom's sweatshirt! i die a little inside each time i look at it. also, could you please e-mail me any good pics you got of my girls? i didn't get enough, especially of millie. love ya!
Post a Comment