Sunday, January 20, 2013

This and That

This week Dan spent all of Monday night throwing up. So he stayed home on Tuesday. Sam spent Friday night throwing up. Afton and I didn't get sick, fortunately. Hearing other people throw up is pretty gross, too, though.

We bought the kids a playset. The company forgot a few parts, so we're still waiting on a tire swing and a trapeze bar, but the kids don't know the difference. Of course pretty much ever since we got it it's been rainy and cold. We still get the kids to go out there every so often. Somehow Ironman heard about it so he came over to try it out. He approves.




The other day instead of eating her peanut butter and jam, (We call it "jam" - not "jelly." I'm not sure why.) Afton decided to use her peanut butter as war paint.


Gretchen and I took our friend out for a fun birthday dinner. Love you, Dionne!
The other day Afton asked me to take pictures of her. She wanted to sit in this chair.


 Then she asked me to put this blanket on her head like an angel.
She really is an angel. Most of the time. This morning, however, she screamed the whole way to church for her bracelets (which she called necklaces) even though she's the one who threw them on the floor of the car in a short burst of rebelliousness. Good thing church is only 5 minutes away.

In case you're ever wondering how we display our Christmas cards (which I'm sure you are!) we string them up in the archway leading to the kitchen. Here they are before we took 'em down. We love Christmas cards!
That's all for this week!


4 comments:

Fabulous Featherette said...

Wow Sam and Afton what a fun playset. That's cool that Ironman came to play with you. Sorry Sam and Dan were sick.

SAM!!! said...

Those ironman pictures are funny. Straight faced and heroically going down a slide.

C&C said...

Sweet playset! Your family seems to be pukey a lot. I don't see my card on your Christmas display...

Betsy said...

I think Afton is looking a lot like you.