We are moving in less than six days. So we decided to go on vacation last week for one last hurrah. It's hard to truly focus on having fun when you've got packing and moving looming in the very near future, but I think we did a good job and had an awesome time. I think I'll split our vacay into two posts since I've got quite a few pictures.
Saturday night at 9 we flew out of IAH and into LAX (arriving around midnight). Here are the kids' excited faces.
The kids did a great job of sleeping on the flight and we found our janky hotel near the airport and crashed for the night. Ate a delicious breakfast the next morning and went to church at a random ward for sacrament meeting. It was the smallest ward I've ever attended in the US. I thought that was interesting w/ all the members in California. Anyway...
We then drove an hour out of town to see my uncle and two of my cousins, who BBQ'd an amazing tri tip and baked potatoes. This is when we began our 20-pounds-in-one-week weight gain. It was worth it. Sam loved playing with William and Eric and their hot wheels, nerf guns, and remote control cars.
Afton loved all the beanie babies. After a while, Aunt Lisa and Lauren got back from picking up Rachel at BYU and we visited a bit more before heading to our next stop. I love my family.
After a great visit, we headed back to Anaheim to stay at Paradise Pier - one of Disney's hotels and probably the most expensive hotel I've ever stayed in. We got comfy in there Sunday night and prepared for our adventure the next day at Disney California Adventure.
When you stay in a Disney hotel, you get into the park an hour early, which is nice. Cars Land was pretty awesome. We met some of our favorite characters.
And walked through Radiator Springs and Ornament Valley.
Luigi's tire ride.
Then we took in the rest of CA Adventure.
We actually ran into some people we know from Houston there. And I recognized a guy from BYU but I didn't say anything because I'm pretty good at remembering people and names, but if I walk up to someone I haven't seen in 10 years and say, "Hey, I know you. You're name's Carter and you roomed with Richard," It sounds kind of creepy.
Buzz Lightyear ride.
Bug's Life ride.
Near the end of the day we headed back to Cars Land because Dan wanted to see it lit up at night. First we stopped at Flo's for dinner.
Dan and Sam took a quick dip in the hotel pool and we called it a night.
Sunday, May 05, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, that looks fantastic. I've never been to Cars Land and hadn't heard of it. It sounds like a lot of fun. Bryan and family look great and it was wonderful that you were able to get together with them.
Dan's killin' me with that shirt. Afton looks really angry in a lot of those pictures. Trip looks super fun so far. Was flasher waiting for you in your house when you got back? Love ya!
this makes California Adventure look pretty sweet. Next time maybe we'll go there instead.
Post a Comment