"Y" for Yosemite!
Anything he can do, she tries, too.
That night we introduced our children to s'mores. The chocolate had been in the cooler, though, so it didn't melt and was super hard to bite. Oh, well. We also did JiffyPop, which I remember eating when I was little. It took way longer to cook than I remember.
Zonked for the night.
The next morning (Friday?) We played by the river and a deer came walking right on by. Don't you love Afton's outfit?
Then we took an open-air tram tour of the valley.
Our poor kids got the one bench on the whole tram that faced backwards.
El Capitan.
If you enlarge this picture, you can make out rock climbers about 3/4 of the way up the rock in the center crack. It takes 2-3 days to climb that and the ranger said they need about 3 gallons of water per day. That's about 25 pounds per day of extra weight they've got to carry.
Dogwoods.
The tram took us back to Tunnel View.
Such an incredible view!!
After the tram tour, we had a spotting of some crazy old guy who lives in Yosemite (I'll put a link up once I remember his name). Then we went back to eat a picnic lunch at the falls.
2 comments:
Did dan add climbing that rockface with his bare hands and feet to his bucket list?
There's a crazy old guy who lives in yosemite? Some day when I'm 135 years old that'll be me.
Post a Comment