Sunday, November 03, 2013

Various and Sundry

Last weekend we went to Busch Gardens for one last hurrah. It was fun. Afton fell and scraped her head. (that part wasn't fun.)

Afton likes to sleep with a bunch of stuff in her bed. She found a Thanksgiving statue in our decoration box that I had spraypainted gold for a 5k that never happened. She now refers to this statue as "my girl" and cuddles her for naps.
I made a bundt cake for a relief society activity. I call it "Ms. Havisham's Cake". Any Great Expectations fans out there???
We carved pumpkins. Dan had Sam draw what he wanted his pumpkin to look like so that Dan could cut it out.

Our ward trunk or treat was on a Tuesday. The same Tuesday that Dan had a ticket to see Pearl Jam in Charlottesville. He had a great time and said it was "face meltingly awesome." I'm glad he had so much fun. We had a nice time, too, but I missed my Frankenstein.
Sometimes Afton is just too photogenic, huh?

Halloween night:

Our neighborhood is mostly old people which is good and bad at Halloween. Bad because most of them turn out their lights and don't give out candy. (Since there aren't many little kids here.) Good because those who do give out candy, give out giant handfuls. Our sweet neighbors prepared special candy bags specifically for Sam and Afton and another neighbor had gotten them each a Halloween box shaped like a house and filled with candy. They are so kind. Yesterday one brought over some flowers from her yard.
I found a cute fabric remnant on sale and used it to make a pillow cover for our nasty pillows we've had for almost 10 years. The old covers aren't removable. I need to find fabric to do the other one.
Dan's progress on the wall:
Dan found out on Halloween that he passed the Virginia bar. YAY!!!

I met up with Sam's class at a farm. I wasn't an official chaperone so it was great to hang out for a while and then leave. There were tons of parents there.
 Sam and his friend Evan.


Yesterday while Dan was taking the MPRE (an ethics test that is also required to be a licensed VA lawyer), I took the kids to the James River. So pretty this time of year.





5 comments:

SAM!!! said...

sweet pics. Especially the one of Sam looking like his pumpkin. Dan didn't carve it how Sam wanted it though. I wanted to see a tiny faced angry pumpkin on the walk up to your house. Super.

Ward Family said...

Congrats to Dan on the bar and I love the costumes. Glad you guys are having some fun times...we miss you here!

C&C said...

congrats dan! Get together with mom and have a pillow cover sewing extravaganza. she has made me so many. sleeping with that statue looks so uncomfortable

K said...

I can't believe he passed. It must be really easy there.
Good update. Miss you guys.

Sarah H said...

I love that A. sleeps with a Thanksgiving statute. Hilarious.

Congrats to Dan on passing the Bar. I can't wait to see what he does with the fireplace.