Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Girls trip

A few months ago, maybe like six, actually, I emailed my former roommates about the possibility of getting together for a roomie reunion sometime in the near future. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for multiple reasons. (But if any of you roomies are reading this, I'm still up for it!)

In the meantime, I decided that it would be fun to at least get together with a few of them who live on the East coast with me. Katrina is 2 hours north in McLean, Virginia and Destiny is 2.5 hours south in Durham. Although it was short, we got together for a fun visit this past weekend.

Katrina drove down to my house, and then I drove us down to Destiny's. We got there around 1 on Saturday and mostly spent our time talking. We drove around a little bit and went out to a local BBQ joint. We stayed up late (well, late for me!) visiting and it was so great. I've seen Katrina a few times since being back and I hadn't seen Destiny in 5 years.
 Katrina and I were unintentionally matching (red coat to red shoes, scarf to coat, and turquoise underneath).
 Sunday we went to church and then came back to Destiny's for lunch and more chatting until it was time to go. Thanks so much, girls! It was fun to catch up on life and also reminisce about all the stupid things that we (mostly I, really) did back in the day. Glad I've grown up a little bit since then! I had such a great time.
And thank you to Dan for watching the kids!

3 comments:

Fabulous Featherette said...

Glad that you could see and visit with old roomies. It's important to keep friendships alive. You had good traveling weather, too. You're a good man, Dan.

C&C said...

You all look exactly the same. bravo

Katrina said...

I am sooo glad we did that! Thank you for initiating the trip! I wish my turquoise showed up better in the picture, but we still look quite coordinated.