Thursday Dan had to work. I took his parents to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, which is actually a really great art museum. Plus, it's free! Dan's mom loves to paint, so she loved this place. Afton did alright for a while but then wanted to go sit on the orange swivel chairs in the lobby area. So we waited for them down there.
Some protesters were standing outside the chapel holding up confederate flags. (The city made them remove the confederate flag that hung at the chapel, so people come and stand there holding their own confederate flags.)
Friday I spent the day with Candice. Dan took his parents to the Confederate White House and Museum.
Saturday we went to Busch Gardens. It was a rainy day, so we had the park to ourselves. There were so few people that we got to park in preferred parking and walk right up on pretty much every ride. We wore ponchos and the slight inconvenience of drizzle was worth it! We had a lot of fun. Dan talked his parents onto going on some roller coasters, which was the highlight of the day, I think.
Good times had by all.
Sunday was church and chillaxin'. We also played three games of Blokus, which Dan won handily. We kept playing hoping that someone else would win. Never happened. Monday Dan took his parents to another Civil War site and then on a scenic walk on Belle Island. I think he took pictures with his phone, so if he did, I'll add them soon. After Sam got out of school, we drove the Dursts to the airport. It was fun to have them visit!
2 comments:
No pictures of ya'll on the roller coasters? You didn't buy the screaming photos? Looks Fun.
It's great that the Dursts came to visit. It looks like you all had a wonderful time.
Post a Comment