My aunt Lorraine passed away last Saturday after fighting pancreatic cancer. She lived in Santa Clara, Utah. I wish I could have been there for the funeral. She was a really sweet and thoughtful lady. As when other family members have passed away, I wish I had seen her more often and gotten to know her better. She raised six sons, worked as a nurse, and still had time to show the people around her that she loved them. When I graduated from high school, she sent me a care package. When each of my kids was born, she sent them each a present (Sam still uses the blanket she sent him). I have no idea how she was able to remember those things, let alone all of her own kids and grandkids! She had a beanie baby collection and before she passed, she gave a beanie baby to each of her great-nieces and -nephews, as well as every primary-aged child in her home ward, where she had been the primary chorister.
Sam with Rainbow the chameleon and Afton with Ariel the bear.
I am grateful for her wonderful example.
A friend of hers put this on facebook and I thought it was really nice.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry. She sounds so sweet and what a cute thing to give everyone one of her beanie babies.
Thank you for posting this, Kristen. Lorraine was the best! I will always miss her and hope to be more loving, kind, and thoughtful because of her example.
Post a Comment