Eli went through the baby acne stage and came out unscathed. He's rolled over a few times. But that's because he hates tummy time and he did it on accident.
On another snow day, I tried to get Afton to pose for me, but she wouldn't. This is the best I could get.
Last Thursday, Dan's parents came to town. Friday they played in the snow with Dan and the kids and built a snow family.
We went to Buzz and Ned's for BBQ lunch. I took Eli home while the rest of them went to the Fine Arts Museum.
Saturday we had donuts and then went to Jamestown.
These pics are all with my phone. I got to sit in the back sandwiched between these two the whole way.
I don't remember ever going to Jamestown before. The visitors center was really nice.
Lots of exhibits and a cheesy video. Then you go outside and they've got a fort area with lots of different buildings.
It was there that Sam got attacked by a rooster. He likes to pester animals so he charged the rooster and the rooster flew up and pecked him. Sam learned his lesson.
It was a really cold day and the snow had turned to a muddy slush, so there weren't many other people there.
Next we went to look at ship replicas.
Did you know that the steering wheels on ships weren't invented until after they came here? I think the lady on the tour said they weren't invented until the 1700s. Next we visited the Indian village. There was only one man brave enough to wear a loincloth in the freezing temperatures. I wanted to take his picture, but couldn't bring myself to do it.
Sunday was the reason the Dursts came. Eli was blessed during church. In the prayer circle were Dan, Dan's dad, my dad, our bishop, Tyson Anderson, and our stake president, Brooks Baltich. Dan said it was hard for him to concentrate on the blessing because Eli was smiling these huge smiles at him the whole time (and had only smiled a few times up to that point). It was really special for Dan and a beautiful blessing.
We had a nice dinner with both sets of parents and then M&D Cheney headed home. Monday morning after Sam went to school, we took Dan's parents to St. John's Church and then to the airport to head home.
On Sunday, Eli marked his two-month birth. I took more pictures a few days earlier. He smiled his very first time for his Grandma Cheney on Feb. 11 (a little over four weeks). Now he smiles a lot more readily and has started to coo, too.
But usually he looks like this:
This past Saturday we went up to the temple and on the way saw a semi that had spilled grape tomatoes all over the place.
Sam looks so comfortable, doesn't he?
Afton likes to help me in the kitchen a lot lately.
And here's a funny conversation I had with Sam the other day.
Me: Sam, will you change Eli's diaper?
Sam: No way!
Me: Please? You'd do a great job!
Sam: No. How about if you change Eli's diaper now, I'll change your diapers when you're older.
Me: Deal.
Sam turns to Afton and whispers: Silly Mom, she doesn't even know that grown ups don't wear diapers!
Little does he know. In fifty years I'm going to hold him to it. Just kidding. That would be gross.
4 comments:
No more baby acne? We'll try to get him set up with some nice molescum next chance we get.
Great photos. I think we took you to Jamestown years ago but it's probably changed a lot. We loved being there for the blessing.
It was so nice to be with you for Eli's blessing. He's the best snuggler! I love your pics and your family.
we've been to j-town before theres a picture of me in an era specific torture device in the town square... Eli is mastering blue steel.
Post a Comment