Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Randoms from my phone before I do the vacation post

Going back to June...

The kindergarteners at our kids' school read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory each year and then have a dress up day and watch the old movie. Afton wanted to be Veruca Salt and thought for sure I could whip up a dress in a jiffy. Her faith in me is very nice, but also stress-inducing. So I tried my best, found a simple dress tutorial, and attempted a summertime version of Veruca's outfit. (My only complaint about the book reading/dressing up is that it takes place in June and so many of the characters' outfits are HOT.)
She seemed happy enough with it, but hasn't worn the dress since...

Sam got a new prescription (his eyes got worse) and new glasses. Thanks, Costco.

He also picked up these sweet glasses at the dollar store or something. Of course, they're impossible to clean so now they're totally gross.

I had to go to the mall and noticed they'd completely re-done the kid area so Eli and I played there for a while.

We were matching one day so I had to take a picture.

Our hydrangeas just keep getting better and better!

Last day of school! Last day of kindergarten for Afton and second grade for Sam.

Afton had a really great teacher this year, Mrs. Carrell. Afton loved her.

Dan made this awesome linen cabinet for our bathroom so Eli would stop getting into our stuff and making our bathroom a disaster. It's worked so far! The cabinet he based his design off of is from Restoration Hardware. We almost just bought it, but then on top of the ridiculous price, they tack on a $200 flat delivery fee. We just couldn't stomach it. I'm so glad Dan decided to do it himself. It fits the space really well and has all the storage we need.

Sam turned eight just in time to go to scouts twice before school got out. One of those nights they made paper airplanes (which he loves) and the next week was the rain gutter regatta. He didn't do very well, but I hope he had fun.

Majesty the stick pony mysteriously ended up in our bed one morning.

And here's Sam with his teacher, Mrs. Southworth. He adored her as well. She was the perfect teacher for him this year. She's moving down to teach kindergarten and I hope she stays there for 4 more years so Eli can get her!

And a big old turtle came to visit the kids on the playset one night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great to see those photos. Cool turtle in the backyard. Love you guys!

SAM!!! said...

Love to hear how much the kids liked their teachers! It warms my heart as a teacher when I hear people talking so wonderfully about their kids experience! Having a random turtle in the backyard would be awesome!!!! (Sam doesn't look too impressed though)
-Teresa