At the beginning of May, Candice came to visit Mom and Dad sans kids. It was her birthday present from Craig. (Thanks, Craig!)
Thursday, Eli and I met up with Candice and Mom at Short Pump for some shopping and lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Included in our meal was watching two barefoot rednecks in inappropriate shirts trying to catch coy fish out of the water features. Priceless.
Friday I drove over to Charlottesville by myself while Dan stayed home with Eli (bless his heart). We hit Bodo's for lunch with Mom and Dad and then got pedicures after Dad went back to work.
In all my years of living in Earlysville and visiting my parents, I had never gone to this tiny country store. Until now. We walked in and bought candy so that we wouldn't look totally weird. The family that owns it was really nice.
We also stopped to take in the view. You simply can't help it!
Friday night is prime people watching on the Downtown mall, so that's what we did, after a dinner at Bonefish Grill.
Next we checked out IX Art Park, which was on my "Do Charlottesville like a tourist" list. A quirky place.
Saturday morning I went on a walk with Mom and Dad.
Then we went to the Frontier Culture Museum in Staunton. It was unseasonably cold and slightly rainy so we pretty much had the place to ourselves. It was a cool place!
Thanks to me, we went to the Depot Grill for lunch, but no one really loved it. Tripadvisor let me down on that one. Then we drove home and hung out until it was time for me to go home. Candice flew out the next morning. It was great to visit with her and my parents and not have to worry about the kids. Not to mention, I came home to a sparkling clean house! (Thanks, Dan!)
Already looking forward to visiting Candice myself (sans kids) in September!
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That was so fun!! I like the group shot on the downtown mall (you missed the sunglasses memo on that one though...) also yeah, the depot grill was terrible!
looks like you had fun and the weather was nice.
Post a Comment