The windows in our house were wood on the outside and many of them were starting to rot. A lot of them were also painted shut and were very difficult to open. We replaced the whole house's windows.
(This is mid-Afton's room redo.)It's so nice to be able to open the kitchen window and talk to the kids outside/get a breeze. None of our windows had screens before, either, so that's been awesome.
Although I hadn't signed up for it yet (I was planning on signing up right before the last price increase), a race I had been planning on running was canceled the week before. So bogus.
Dan had to go to a conference in Denver. Afton had her Let's Play Music recital.
Since Dan wasn't around to keep me company, Keith Morrison did instead. Except watching Dateline alone is not necessarily a good idea if you want to be able to fall asleep.
The dang geese have taken over our lives. Yesterday there were 18 geese in our backyard. Anytime I see one out where the playset is, or the area where the kids play the most, I try to have someone scare it away. It was Sam's turn. He just got it to go to the neighbor's yard.
Our gym had a spring festival.
Dan came back the day before my birthday.My birthday cake.
My birthday was on a Sunday this year. Mom and Dad came over and went to church with us, then we had dinner, dessert and presents. Eli had a meltdown at dinner, that's why he's missing.
So glad my parents could come!
Afton took it upon herself to make a game of "Pin the tail on the donkey." She did a great job! I forget who won - it wasn't me!
Eli is very picky when it comes to candy. His Easter candy lasted forever. He was certain he wanted a york peppermint patty from his basket, but I knew he wouldn't like it, so I had to videotape his first york.
Sam had his first pinewood derby. His car won the whole thing! He was pretty excited about that.
Afton and Eli discovered just how fun umbrellas can be.
I am so grateful for this grove of trees at the middle school where Sam's soccer practice was. Kept them entertained and out of the sun.
My "race day" came and I ran it alone, around my neighborhood and a few adjoining neighborhoods. It was super humid that day, and it took me a LOOOONG time. Dan and the kids found me around mile 10 and gave me some fresh water and moral support. Eventually I got it done!
Obligatory after-race picture.
Afton was super sweet and made me this sign. Great gob!
Dan and I went on a fun date night - dinner at a pie place, then checking a few Richmond landmarks off my list - Libby Park and Shiplock Park.
When Ariel asks for a picture, you do it!
1 comment:
I love your blog posts! You are so good at taking pictures! My poor children aren't going to have any pictures from their childhood.
Post a Comment