Wednesday, May 17, 2017

First half of April

Afton's school had its second annual international night. Her country this year was the USA. Here she is singing about how much she loves it. She's standing wearing the white shirt and USA skirt. Cracks me up how they say "citizen."

I made some artwork for Afton's room, which is ALMOST done. Just have to do the curtains. (Have I mentioned that she doesn't even sleep in there? She sleeps on Sam's lower bunk and has for a loooong time. I thought by doing her room, she'd want to sleep in there. Apparently not.)

Sam scored THREE goals in one of his soccer games. It was awesome! He's really grown a lot this year in his soccer skills. It's fun to see him figure it out.

Spring break happened. One day we went to the park at the school. This is the best picture I got.

We let each of the kids pick something they wanted to do. Sam wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, so we went on Monday night when kids are $1.


Afton chose SkyZone, so I begrudgingly took them. They did much better than last time where they only jumped half the time and spent the rest ogling the arcade games.
Sam met up with a friend there, which was nice since I had to follow Eli all over and help him try to shoot the ball in the hoop over and over!

Another day, another park.

Cuties.

The kids and I went to Mom and Dad's house to spend two days.

I took the big kids to Beauty and the Beast. Here's Afton's beast she drew after the movie.

We explored Ivy Creek Natural Area.

The Saturday of spring break was our ward's Easter party, which I was partly in charge of.


Last time we did it, it was freezing and snowing a little bit. This year it was super hot and all the chocolate candy in the eggs had melted.


The grass in the field was really tall, so it was harder to find eggs than you would think! Sam did pretty well, though.


They had a 3-legged race and Afton teamed up with this girl. Someone's cousin, I think.

Some random person from instagram tagged me in a picture of Kirsten Dunst. This happens to me every once in a while.

Easter morning. Although this is blurry, I love the look on Afton's face.






We had resurrection rolls for breakfast and then headed off to stake conference. It was a little rough - so crowded and Eli was being really challenging. Then we came home and got to hang out until we went to a friend's for dinner.

My first attempt at trifle. Turned out pretty good!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Easter egg hunts look fun and the kids are so cute. The trifle looks really good!