Saturday, September 08, 2007

WHITE ROCK FALLS TRAIL

Well, despite the fact that no one publicly said they wanted to accompany us on our next outdoor excursion, we got three brave souls to join us on today's adventure - White Rock Falls Trail. The falls were described in our brochure as "40 foot White Rock Falls set in a spectacular hemlock shaded rock grotto." Well, we were pretty excited about that 40-foot waterfall... until we saw it!

But wait, you ask... where's the water? Let's take a closer look.
Oh, yeah. So needless to say, we (we mostly meaning Dan) were pretty bummed that there wasn't enough water to go playing around in, not to mention jumping in. So we climbed around on the rocks a bit, ate grapes, and Katy painted a beautiful watercolor. Although the "falls" weren't what we expected, I thought the hike was really pretty. On the drive up we also saw plenty of deer and squirrels. It was nice to get out and enjoy the great weather! Thanks to Katy and the Menssens for keeping us company. It was a lot of fun.
Katy climbing.
Dan the whitey between Kimber and Mike.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Kristen!! Cute blog!! Thank you so much for your comment, it wasn't hard to work with you guys at ALL. If anything, I am sorry if some of them didn't turn out as well as hoped! I know that I am my biggest critic. But either way, I LOVED doing it. I hope everyone has their discs by now and that everyone had a good time and is doing well! Thank you again!!

Just Katy said...

Hmm, I have to say my picture has a striking resemblance to the yeti.