THE TABLES HAVE TURNED
Back in the day, I was obsessed with Saved by the Bell. And I mean OBSESSED! Forget cartoons, forget Sesame Street, forget The Elephant Show (although I did like the Elephant Show). If Saved by the Bell was on, I was right there in front of the TV, soaking it all in. And if I wasn't, I was crying because my mom was making me do something else. Like eat.

So the other day, Dan and I were over at my parents' house and hanging out watching Jeopardy with Mom while our laundry was going. During the commercial, I scanned the channels and saw that Saved by the Bell was on. (It was the episode where Kelly starts working at the Max and she thinks her boss is a hunk and ends up dropping Zack like it's hot.) So I turned it there for a few minutes to relieve us of such lame commercials as Head-On.

I turned it back in time for Jeopardy but Dan and my mom had a fit. "Turn it back to Saved by the Bell!! What happens? We must know!!"
Oh, how the tables have turned. Eventually Dan wiped away his tears just in time for Final Jeopardy.
7 comments:
Ughhh.
I mean Dan and mom being sucked in by saved by the bell is ughhhhh. I mean saved by the bell in general is ughhhhh. I mean jessie spano is ughhhh and slater is particularly ughhhh perhaps even moreso since that show ended.
HELLO. wanna talk about UGH, let's talk about Screech (who i always hated and NEVER thought was funny) who has turned into a bankrupt porn star perv who is such a jerk on celebrity fit club. well, let's not talk about that, but i hate him. i hate jessie too, but i do like saved by the bell. good post sister, this made me laugh.
I was a huge Saved by the Bell fan. I always wanted those huge lockers so I could go into one and then walk out of another one.
I'm also a huge "Head On" fan. What other commercial gives you such detailed instructions on how to use their product? And if you didn't get how to use it the first time, they repeat the process for you!
The problem is that the commercial break before final Jeopardy is the longest commercial break in the history of the world. It's basically like Jeopardy half-time. So, we prefer to watch Saved by the Bell instead of 5 solid minutes of commercials. Plus it was such a dramatic episode of SBTB.
Last night the live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 was on and the same thing happened to me. I thought I was just watching to see how terrible a movie could be but when Aaron changed the channel I insisted he change it back so I could find out what happened. It was so shaming.
i would like to see some graduation action. gracias.
Post a Comment