Wednesday, June 25, 2008

For some reason, unapparent to the rest of us, for the last year or so, Dan has been on the hunt for a shirt. Not just any shirt, the ultimate wolf shirt. He was very particular in his quest. It had to be a wolf shirt with one wolf standing on a ledge howling at a larger-than-life full moon with an image of a wolf's face on the other side of the shirt.



Since Dan had begun his quest, I also began the quest hoping that I could find one to give to him for his birthday this past December or for Christmas. Or really, if I ever came across one, I decided I was going to buy it simply because I was having such a hard time finding one anyway. Around his birthday, I scoured our local thrift stores hoping for something remotely close to his ideal. No luck.



A few weeks ago, we got a package from my brother who had recently driven from Connecticut down through Texas and had stopped in his old mission areas of Tennessee. Dan opened the package to find it. His dream shirt. I present to you THE WOLF SHIRT.



Dan loves it. And I'm sure Candice hates it. Thanks, Kirk and Gretchen! I think it's hilarious.

7 comments:

Katrina said...

I bet Dan is so happy! I remember at one point you told me about the elusive wolf shirt, so I'm glad it does exist! This post cracked me up!

C&C said...

WOW. It's even more than I imagined. Not only one wolf, but two, and those images in the sky?! He'll have to wear that to busch gardens--capital of "interesting" shirts.

Dan said...

Don't forget, it's tie-dyed too.

SAM!!! said...

rock and roll... that plus craig's bbq outfit and we are all starting to make me look fashionable.

Amanda said...

Amazing.

maynard said...

Around these parts that shirt is suitable as semi-formal attire. Combine it with camo pants and you are set for all occassions.

Sarah A said...

I was at a truck stop the other day and I saw an awesome wolf shirt that made me think of Dan. I'm so happy that he has finally realized his dream.