Our New Tradition
It's kind of hard to get out and do things when your baby goes to sleep at 7 or so each night. (Not that we're complaining; Sam sleeps like a dream.) Dan and I have resigned ourselves to this fact and have taken up a new tradition: MARIOKART.
Pretty much every night for the past week, Dan and I have squared off for the ultimate battle: Princess Peach (Dan) vs. Wario (me).
We don't have the fancy new version, just N64. (As a side note, I bought Dan Mariokart for Christmas like 4 years ago but I really bought it for myself. It's the only nintendo game where I can hold my own.)
We're always the same characters and we always play battle mode. Two games per course. Dan usually comes out ahead but every once in a while, I have this moment of clarity and rip Dan a new one. Dan accused me of practicing while he's gone at work. Not a bad idea!
7 comments:
Oh, wow! Dust and I use to play Yahztee ALL the time, until it started getting a little too serious...it makes me laugh to think about it though =).
Rip Dan a new one? I do say, rather crass!
Just playing.
Mariocart is cool. With your practically unlimited income stream, you should upgrade to Wii. It's got more going on.
Dan's Peach? Awesome.
practically unlimited income stream??? when you buy your giant texas sized house we're coming over for vacations and you won't even know we are there... ohhh and wii is quite a bit of fun.
I am sad we missed you too when you were here! Sorry I couldn't make it to the byu game with you and Rebecca. Next time you are here you need to call me!
I love that game too! Nintendo games have gone all advanced and stuff, but good 'ol Mariokart is still something I can play (and be good at)!
Kat
Oh, I forgot to mention I am always Toad. He's pretty zippy and light on the roads!
Ben would love it if I would play Mario Kart with him. He was so excited for it to come out on the Wii. He and his roommates would play daily back at BYU.
Post a Comment