This morning, Dan and I, along with 30,000 other people, participated in the Susan G. Koman Race for the Cure in Houston. It was incredibly crowded. We felt like a herd of cattle. But it was touching to me to see all of the people walking and running for friends and loved ones affected by breast cancer. Since we couldn't very well run with Sam, we did the 5K walk.
Sam screamed basically the entire time but no one seemed to notice because it was so loud. When we got home he took a 3-hour nap. Awesome.
Some facts on breast cancer:
1 out of 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
Every 3 minutes a woman is told she has breast cancer.
Breast cancer is the second most common type of cancer in women after skin cancer.
We got home right in time to watch General Conference. It was wonderful! I especially liked Elder Perry's talk about living simply and within our means. The Church has been counseling us to do that for years and with everything going on in our economy today, it makes perfect sense. I also loved Elder Wirthlin's talk about dealing with adversity. That man is so amazing. I'm looking forward to tomorrow when we get to hear more. I love our church.
In other news, Christmas is coming up... This is my dream car (but in light blue) in case you're feeling generous.

7 comments:
I think you should go ahead and get one of those Jeeps, thus satisfying a life-long desire.
Here's one from the final year, 1991, in American Fork, UT going for under $2k on Ebay. This will give Dan something to do every single weekend (and some evenings) with his free time; and he'll become an expert mechanic as a side benefit!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-GRAND-WAGONEER-FINAL-EDITION-ONLY-93K-MILES-RARE_W0QQitemZ200258098626QQihZ010QQcategoryZ6284QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
it made me laugh to read that he was screaming the entire time. i can just picture it. i need to start running. i started for like 2 days, and then i stopped. but at least i'm doing yoga. i can't believe dad found that link for you, almost like he was actually considering finding you one for christmas. if you're feeling generous you can buy me Dolce and Gabanna's Light Blue perfume for Christmas.
You can buy me a light blue weight set.
When participating in a fun run, particularly one focused on the breasts, it's important for men to tape their nipples to avoid chafing. I hope dan took that precaution.
How's the weather?
Good job on the 5K! So you wouldn't believe this but Clint and I had a Jeep EXACTLY like that for about a month! It was his grandma's that she didn't use anymore. Anyway, Clint's brother has it now. I'll keep you posted if it's ever for sale :)
you don't want one of those in this age of gas prices...
Oh my gosh. I totally remember that that is your dream car. I think we passed one during one of our rides home from the MTC one morning and you went crazy. I love it. I am so excited for you guys to come to Utah!!
My grandma use to have a car like that and I loved it! So I totally know what you mean, that car rocks. I don't think I've ever seen one in light blue?
Post a Comment