Sunday, February 01, 2009

Copper, Copper, Party Stopper

This week Dan and I had to go up to our future home area to finish signing some more papers. When we got to the developers office, the people who are buying the lot next door to us where there, too. Our future neighbors. Turns out that they are both cops. This can either be a really great thing, or a really not-so-great thing. He doesn't really look like a cop. He's got a goatee and an earring. So we think he must do undercover stuff.

Here's a picture of what our house is going to look like: dark shutters, red brick, and tan colored trim and garage. It's pretty similar to my parents' house. Dan likes the classic Virginia style. So we introduced ourselves and they seem really nice. But just to be paranoid and to freak ourselves out, Dan and I rented "Lakeview Terrace" from Redbox. It's a movie about an interracial couple who buys a house next to a psycho cop played by Samuel L. Jackson. Turns out Sammy L. is really a racist lunatic who wants to destroy their lives. So yes, we're really excited to have cops next door! (By the way, we wouldn't recommend the movie. It has some soxuality. That's right. Soxuality. We don't say s-e-x.)
Friday night we tried out a Greek restaurant called Niko Niko's. Dan got a gyro (pronounced euro - um... why did I not know that before?) and I got a souvlaki sandwich. SOO good. We'll be back. Mos def.

Saturday we went to the park. It was about 70 degrees and gorgeous! Sam really only handles the swing for like 3 minutes and then he's done. Everything else there is too big for him so we went and lounged on the grass for a while. Here's a picture of when I took Sam to the park earlier this week. I didn't want his head to get burned on the top so I put a hat on him. But the only hats that fit are adult hats. He didn't mind. To compensate for our first DVD rental, we rented another movie: Fireproof. Yahoo users gave it an "A" so we thought that was a good sign. It has Kirk Cameron in it. He was on "Growing Pains" back in the day but now you see him a lot on Christian TV channels. It was a cheesy movie and the acting wasn't that great, but I liked it. It made me happy and mushy.

8 comments:

Gretchen said...

We just watched Fireproof this weekend too! I really liked it.I am sooo jealous of your weather! I am sick of the cold.

C&C said...

sam is so adorable. i may start calling everyday on my break to hear him babble. presh! i don't know if i'll ever see either of those movies...

Betsy said...

How exciting about your house, looks like its going to look great. Sam looks cute in a hat.

The Olsons said...

I was wondering if that cop movie was going to be any good. Now I don't have to screen it to see for myself! Thanks for the heads up! Sam looks as cute as ever! Good luck with the whole neighbor thing, hopefully they aren't psychopaths! Da, da, dum, dum, DUM!!!

Gretchen said...

Thanks to the candidate for change, you guys can get a 15,000 tax break when you buy your first house. I just saw that on Yahoo. Get on that.
Have I told you you're a good man? Because if I haven't, you are. Have I told you that I love you? Because if I haven't I do.
Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.
I'm out.

Gretchen said...

And yes, the acting was terrible, particularly the wife. But I still liked it. This is Kirk by the way.

Amy said...

Congratulations on the new house. Picking everything out can be a lot of fun or really nerve racking. In your case I hope its really fun. Oh, I also wanted to thank you for the Lucy Bear. What a pleasant surprise! I put it way up high where my children couldn't get there sticky little fingers on it.

Katrina said...

We watched that last weekend! I know, it was cheesy, but I loved it. And I forgot to take it back to the redbox the next day, so i ended up paying $5 for it. I still thought it was worth it.