Hey folks, Sam the man here.
Even though I just went to Utah last weekend, I've been itching to get out of town - feel the wind in my hair and sandy water up my nostrils. So Dad took Friday off of work for a much-needed vacay and we hit the open road.
This is how I like to roll. Some people put one arm out the window, I put one leg up on my toy thing.
Seven hours and one pit stop later we ended up on South Padre Island (known to the locals as SPI), the OBX of the Texas coast.
We got there in time to play at the beach and spend some time in the hotel pool. It was my first time seeing the ocean and I was mesmerized. It called to me like the sirens to Ulysses. I was putty in its hands. 
We had some Mexican food for dinner and then hit the sack early. Only to have the worst night's sleep of all of our collective lives. Seriously. The pits. And did I mention how dirty our hotel room was? Mom wouldn't even walk on the floor barefoot. She had to stand on a towel and drag her feet to get around.
Dad got up early the next morning to enjoy the sun rising over the ocean and Mom and I missed him so we joined him for some pictures. 

We spent the rest of the day walking back and forth between the ocean and our hotel room. I had to nap a lot. The beach wore me out! Maybe because I would get wet and then crawl around and get sand all over my face, clothes, hair, stroller, chair, towel, Mom, Dad, etc.
Last night's sleep was better than the first. I think it's because Mom and Dad covered my crib with a blanket to make it easier to sleep. This morning we headed back and stopped at a church in Harlingen, Texas. Now we're home and Mom's finally letting me crawl around because this floor is much cleaner.
All in all, it was a great trip. It was exhausting trying to keep all the ladies off me, but I'd better get used to it.
Until next time folks, peace.
3 comments:
Sam,
Looks like a great trip. You really know how to chill with the best of them! The beach is in you blood line.
In the one picture where Sam is reaching for the camera, they both look all mod and zen-like, like they stepped out of a asian fusion new age music video. But then when you zoom out, nope, just jammies and a baker botts tee.
Dude, when did our family become so prissy about dirt? Then again, I guess you're getting dangerously close to swine flu country around there.
it's just dirt, how's it any different than sand? or ocean water for that matter, you know how much trash and chemicals get dumped into the ocean?
The trip looks fun, isn't that the crazy spring break island that got wiped out by the hurricane?
Post a Comment