Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Last Birthday Post - I Promise!

Sam's birthday was pretty laid back. We had hot dogs, ate cake, opened presents, and hung out. I had been thinking about what to do for Sam's cake for months. A train? A monkey? A giant cupcake? In the end, I couldn't ever really think of anything so I just made a "1". With the leftover cake, I attempted to make blocks. Let's just say they left something to be desired. Oh, well. They tasted good.
My idea of an outfit:Dan's idea of an outfit:Here's Sam right when he started to dig in:I think he liked it.

Today he had his one-year check-up. He had sprouted! He's now in the 90th percentile for height. Still 90th for head (duh!), and 50th for weight. He got four shots and a finger prick to test his iron. Funny story: He got a little band-aid on his finger from the finger prick. He was kind of sucking and chewing on it. In the car on the way home from the doctor, I heard him sort of gagging and I look and his band-aid is gone! So I swap my finger around in his mouth and didn't feel it so I kind of gagged him and out it came. Super gross.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I loved the video you put together of Sam. Very cute. It looks like he didn't disappoint with getting all messy with his birthday cake, unlike some child I know. Maybe because your cake looked so much apetizing than mine!

With all those stats, I'm guessing that Ethan and Sammy would be about the same height. Ethan's head may be a little smaller, but he makes up for it with his weight!Can you believe we have one-year-olds?!?!

SAM!!! said...

I think so. I believe I had those right too. Girl at least we still have to see on the weight.

Julie said...

Happy birthday Sam! I can't believe he is already a year old. I like the picture of him with his overalls and no shirt on underneath.

Kristen, your cake is awesome! It looks like Sam liked it, too. You really are turning into a chef these days. I like using allrecipes.com as well. I miss your chocolate chip cookies!

C&C said...

cute cake! did you let him ruin the whole thing? that would be tragic.

Katrina said...

Kristen, look at you! I am so impressed with the cake. I thought about doing a "1," but it was a little too intimidating for me--not to mention making cute blocks with the leftovers. I really am impressed. It looks like you had fun and that Sam loved his cake. I really can't believe he's already a year old! Congrats again on that milestone!

Yin said...

WOW! He is getting so big! I love the cake its really cute!!!

Sarah H said...

I think your cake looks great. happy bday 2 sam