Monday, July 13, 2009

I am finally back from my fabulous vacation to Virginia! It was so much fun. Dan, Sam and I arrived in Charlottesville on July 2. After a few hours at my parents’ home, we packed up and headed to West Virginia to go white water rafting down the New River. On the 3rd, Mom and Dad watched Sam and his cousin Carter while Kirk, Gretchen, Candice, Craig, Dan and I went rafting with our hilarious guide, Heather. Heather was the best. She picked on Kirk the whole time (which was funny for the rest of us), and called Gretchen and Candice her “pants-less wonders.” She had a ton of jokes and told far out stories which ended up not being true. Random, but I guess it’s probably fun to make up outlandish stories of near-death experiences for strangers you’ll never see again. That day we drove back to Virginia.

On the 4th we attended our first Earlysville parade. My parents have lived there for 12 years but never went before. It basically included anyone who wanted to participate, and people in the crowd got lots of free candy. I was all over that! I was beating 7 year old boys to get to those tootsie rolls. They were too slow. Sam hated the fire trucks. Later that day, K and G created a scavenger hunt for us on the downtown mall. Dan and I won. We’re the bomb. Once again, Mom and Dad watched the boys while we went to the fireworks. This is getting long so I’ll summarize the rest faster.

Sunday I got to see my friend Katrina. It was so great to spend time with her and see her cute pregnant belly!

The rest of the trip included the UVA cemetery, Bodo’s Bagels, a driving range, a date with Dan to Putt-Putt, slurpees, a peach orchard, a splashpark, haircuts, games, a movie, more Putt-Putt, walks, bowling, a picnic, more slurpees, good food, and great company! I really wish Ryan, Teresa, and Zoey could have been there, too. I miss my family so much already!

When I arrived in Houston it was 97 degrees or something. And I saw Chloe from Project Runway at the airport.


It’s nice to be back with Dan, but this weather is ridiculous!

6 comments:

SAM!!! said...

Sounds like a great trip! We wish we could have been there as well- maybe next year!
Teresa

maynard said...

We really enjoyed having you here. I'm glad it's not as hot here as Houston. Yikes.

C&C said...

i look pretty much disgusting in that picture with sam...but other than that, nice pictures! did you get the ones i sent you?

SAM!!! said...

nice work. looks crazy fun.

Bexie Funk said...

i agree about the weather! sounds like you had fun. sorry about dessert group last night. the cake is already gone!

Katrina said...

Thanks for my shout out Kristen! It looks like you had a really fun trip. I've noticed a couple of themes with your fam...putt putt and scavenger hunts. (Didn't you mention going on one before? I think at least...) Both provide lots of good times, I'm sure. Are you at Carter's Mountain in that orchard picture? I'm so glad I could see you for a little bit!