Monday, April 26, 2010

Is this not the coolest birthday cake a husband ever made for his wife? I am so lucky. Dan is funny. And creative. He makes me smile. Did you notice how the boy bird is giving the girl bird a balloon? Just wanted to point that out.

Thanks, everyone, for the birthday messages - both on facebook and in real life. I appreciated them so much! I had a great birthday. Sam and I met Dan downtown so that we could go out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. Going downtown reminds us of how much we like NOT living downtown. Too much traffic. Dinner was really good, other than the slow waiter and the other waiter spilling sauce all over Dan's shirt and his shoes. I got the usual chicken costoletta. AMAZING. I love it every time.

We came home and opened some presents. Here's Sam showing off the spoonrest he got me.

All my wonderful presents.

Me and Sam showing off our bellies. (How's that for a belly, Kirk? But please keep in mind, I'd just had the world's largest entree plus a piece of cheesecake.)

It was a great day!

13 comments:

C&C said...

happy birthday!
sam looks so happy to be smashed between you. dan did a nice job on that cake! what kind of cheesecake did you get?

SAM!!! said...

Did you get a discount or a free entree b/c of the sauce spillage? T would've worked something free out of them for something like that.

Bexie Funk said...

happy birthday and that is really the coolest cake ever! glad you had a great day!

maynard said...

Is Dan going to go on TV in one of those obnoxious baker shows?

K said...

I thought spoonrest was a cuddling position

Julie said...

Impressive cake! I love the pic of you and Sam showing off your bellies. I'm glad you had a good birthday!

I wish I had a piece of that cheesecake right now. YUM.

Amanda said...

I wonder if I can get Ben to make a cake for me this year.... hmmmm. As for the dish at Cheesecake, it's totally my favorite too, though recently I've been going for the Thai pasta dish because the lunch entree is so much cheaper and I don't feel as guilty eating it. Sounds like your birthday was a success!

Brittney said...

Haha.. Dan's got quite the cake decorating skills! Also, I love cheesecake factory and I haven't found my "staple" dish yet, so I will have to try that one next time!! Happy belated birthday! I hope you got my email.

BDandFamily said...

I love the cake! I thought he'd put "happy bird-day" instead, haha. I'm glad you had a great day! And I just read that you're having a little Sam-antha. Congrats! We'll have to come see her :).

Joshua said...

I love the matching tummy shot. Glad you had a fun B'day

Joshua said...

oops. This is Sarah. I didn't realize I am logged in as Josh.

ashlee said...

Happy late birthday! You are looking so cute and still so tiny.

Christine said...

What an incredibly cute cake AND family!!