Seven years ago today, Dan and I kissed for the first time. In honor of that fateful day, I'm going to post a list of qualities I was looking for in my future spouse. I just found it today while cleaning the craft room. I think I wrote it when I was 15 in a young women's class at church.
"Characteristics of my marriage partner"
- Attractive
- Honest
- Fun
- Smart
- Kind
- Likes kids
- Happy
- Taller than me
- Worthy to go to the temple
- Return missionary
- Takes his share of responsibility
- Communicates (TALK and listen)
- Good at compromise
- Has same goals
- Loves the Lord
- Feels the Spirit
- Prays
- Patient
- Enjoys service
- Slow to anger
- Pure
- Respects me
- Dresses modestly
- High standards
- Nice teeth
- Muscular --Dan added that one
I'm happy to say that Dan fit the bill then, and he does now. I love you, Dan! Thanks for kissing me on that tire swing 7 years ago.
5 comments:
It's amazing that you remember the exact day you first kissed. I can't remember anything to the exact day except our wedding and Z's birth.... that's about it.
2 for 26 ain't bad. (Taller than you and returned missionary.)
Precious. I totally remember that night now! It's always fun when your roommates come home and tell you about a first kiss. It's even better when it's you doing the telling though! ha! Oh, and sad about your subaru, but I'm glad you had so many good memories of it. Also, I didn't know you lived on a culdesac. I pictured it way differently for some reason. I love culdesacs (less traffic, usually bigger backyards, etc.).
dresses modestly? what did you think he was going to wear? that's presh anyway. btw, this is candice.
I thought the modesty one was funny. I'm sure you worried about those short 80 shorts or neon tank top, which I'm pretty sure that we have video of Stephanie's tyler wearing both of those.
Post a Comment