Friday, September 10, 2010

Well, if I can survive the next 90 minutes (that's how long until Dan gets home), I will have survived my first week alone - albeit a short week (thank you, Labor Day) - with two children. How the heck do people have lots of kids? It is hard. One is poopy, the other is crying. One wants to eat, the other is crying. I want to sleep, one is crying!

Afton is having a hard time figuring out that night means bedtime. Sam is having a hard time understanding that we're taking things easy while "Mama's hurt tummy" heals. He's usually really sweet to me and asks to kiss my stomach. The other day he accidentally pushed really hard on my stomach. I started crying and then he started crying, too. Then he asked to give me a hug and a kiss and then said, "Mama all done sad!"

Today I took the kids to play at a big playground inside a mega Baptist church. It went well despite the fact that Afton barfed on me and herself 5 times and kids kept trying to touch her. Sam had fun, though.
Here are pictures from our lazy days this week.
And here's a video of Sam doing "somersaults".

11 comments:

Brittney said...

Isn't it different saying you "took the kids" instead of just Sam? She's such a cute baby and I loved Sam's "cheese."

SAM!!! said...

texas is the land of mega churches.

SAM!!! said...

Sorry to hear the transition has been rough. I am anticipating the same thing here. But if memory serves me correctly, after about 2 months it gets easier. We just need to figure out a way to survive until then. Keep up the good work!
Teresa

C&C said...

seriously the thought of having another child right now blows my mind. not that i don't love the one i just got...
next time let's not have babies close together and mom can come live with each of us for a month.

Honeycombs said...

Go easy on yourself and let yourself get better you are doing a fantastic job. Eventually once you have gotten more sleep in a few years you will understand how people have more kids.

Julie said...

Ahhh...I can't even imagine how hard it is taking care of a newborn and toddler! I like that picture of Sam and Dan. It's so cute!

Amanda said...

Sam sounds like Ethan does. Whenever I say "ow" or make a sound like I'm hurt, he always says, "You ok Mama?" I hope that incision is healing well despite being pushed on. And Afton is adorable. She looks like Sam but totally girly at the same time. Oh, and the somersaults were amazing. Ethan in his attempt to do them will do a downward dog pose and say, "I up-si-down!"

Betsy said...

Kristen, I promise it gets easier. It may take a while but it will. I don't know how people have a bunch of kids either, I personally was not meant for that.

Chelsea F. said...

Kristen! How cute is your little girl!?!? Love the name- congrats. Having two is more work but it gets easier for sure- I don't really remember the first 3 months though, such a sleep deprived blur ;).

Deanna said...

Yeah, I agree, having two kids is HARD! I don't know how you're doing it with your incision!

Katrina said...

Good for you for getting out to a play group! JC's wondering if you went to 2nd Baptist (the one with the helicopter landing pad on top)? And it gets easier! The first few weeks were definitely the hardest for me. But all of you grow into it. (Although I still wonder how my mom, and others, had so many kids.) And very cute pictures! And I LOVE the somersaults! I laughed out loud the whole time. So cute, what a big boy. I'm sorry your tummy hurts!