Tuesday, October 12, 2010

In the order the pictures were taken.

First, I wanted to learn how to applique so I started by practicing on a onesie. Here's Afton modeling the finished product.
(She has a hemangioma on the top of her head. Hopefully hair will cover it!)
Sam saw me taking pictures of Afton so he wanted to show off his pumpkin.
 Mom and Dad Cheney flew out on Friday to spend the weekend with us. (Afton's blessing was on Sunday.) We went to the park and hung out, and went out to dinner on Friday. They spent Saturday w/ my brother and Sunday with us again until my dad left for a business trip. Mom left on Monday.
 Dan's parents and Dan's brother's family came late Friday. Saturday we went to the Houston Zoo. Here's Sam and Audrey.
 Looking at monkeys.
 Sam, Cecilia, Zev, and Carmen.
 Sam, Grandma and Grandpa Durst, Afton, Cecilia and Carmen before church.
 As I mentioned, Afton was blessed in church on Sunday. It was a beautiful blessing. We took pictures before church but the lighting was really bad. I didn't think it was that bad while we were taking the pictures...

Cheney family.


Durst family.



Mom and her grandbabies before she flew home.
 Mom D snuggling with Afton. After this she gave Afton a bum massage. Afton was loving it. Seriously.
 Mom and Dad Durst bought Afton a playmat. Sam got in on the action.

6 comments:

C&C said...

I love the halloween onesie! Too bad the lighting was terrible, but otherwise the pics look good! I am excited to see the blessing dress...although I've come to accept that it will probably be too small on charlotte by the time we use it. Afton is so cute! she actually makes happy expressions in pictures!

K said...

I remember that, when we took those pictures and came over to your house.

SAM!!! said...

That onesie is pretty sweet. Nice work. You're quite crafty. A woman at the doctors office asked us where we got our car seat cover and when we told her it was you she said that you should sell them. They work great. Nice pictures of all of the family. Busy week I imagine with all of those folks over. I think Afton will grow enough hair to cover the hemangioma.

C&C said...

The people at my Dr.'s offices (ob/gyn and pediatrician) also commented on the cover and said you should sell them. actually, people comment on it like everywhere we go.

Sarah H said...

Your applique looks great.

Katrina said...

It looks like it was a wonderful weekend. You look so good Kristen! Oh, and I think Afton's hemangonia (I'm sure I spelled it wrong) it's actually pretty cute:)