Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Rest of the reads

These are the rest of the books I read in 2011. I think the total was 40 books. This year my goal is at least 30, but if I read more, that's good, too.

O Pioneers! by Willa Cather
Room with a View by E. M. Forster
My Antonia by Willa Cather
Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
Lost in Shangri-La by Mitchell Zuckoff
A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis
The Prisoner of Zenda by Anthony Hope
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio by Terry Ryan
The Book of Mormon

I really liked most of these. Lost in Shangri-La is a true WWII rescue story about 3 military survivors of a plane crash in the middle of New Guinea. Wives and Daughters was really great, too. Anyway, just wanted to document these. Now I can start my new list.

The first book I read of 2012 was The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain. (A few months ago I discovered the "Classics" wall at the library, so now I know where to go to browse if I don't have something specific in mind.)

3 comments:

SAM!!! said...

you read a lot. I read magazines on the toilet.

Diane said...

Wives and Daughters!!! oh my goodness! I am in love with her movies. Strangely I never even thought to read her books. Was it good? If you ever want a chick flick night...or four, call me. (They're kinda long) but awesome!

Diane said...

oh yeah, and 40 books is absolutely amazing. I bow down to you.