The day after Christmas, we packed our bags and drove on over to the wonderous city of San Antonio, Texas. We arrived around 2:30, dropped our bags off at the hotel, and went to Sea World. Dan and I have year passes (you pay once, you get in free the rest of the year) but we had to buy one for Sam now that he's three. We'll have to make him do chores to pay for that.
They have a nice "kid zone" type area with lots of little rides and a big playset. We spent most of our time there. Dan and I also switched off riding the two big roller coasters.
When we got hungry, we headed to the famous Riverwalk. Except the GPS wasn't finding "Riverwalk." So I thought "Riverwalk Garage" sounded like it would get us pretty close. I assumed it was a parking garage. Well, it turns out that it's a mechanic garage, so we ended up in some ghetto part of town surrounded by auto mechanic buildings. Nice to see the real San Antonio... Once we got to the Riverwalk, it was pretty. We took a few pictures.
We tried to maneuver around all the other people also walking on the tiny sidewalk. Dan was pushing the double stroller and I was trying to keep Sam from falling in the river. I wished I was Andre the Giant when he yells "Everybody MOVE!" in The Princess Bride. Dan started bumping people with the stroller, but that's as aggressive as we got. After a while we got sick of it and ate some dinner at a restaurant at street level. We also did a drive-by of the Alamo.
Then back to the hotel for us. It had apparently been a while since we slept in the same room as Sam because he WOULD NOT go to sleep for the longest time. Dan and I were attempting to read in one bed while Sam was lying in the other, but anytime I shifted or anything he would raise up and look at me and smile or ask some kind of question. So it wasn't a very restful night for any of us.
The next morning we got up and swam in the hotel pool, then headed back to town to check out a church. It was overrated.
Then I saw this guy who looked like he must have been famous, so I paparazzi'd him.
We met up with Dan's brother's (Adam's) family at Sea World and spent the rest of the day with them before driving back to Houston that night.
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that story about sleeping in the same room as sam made me laugh. I could totally picture it. the alamo is bore-city. i really liked the river walk, though.
That all looks enjoyable. Did anyone steal your hubcaps in the shady part of town? shouldn't they make the riverwalk wider so that more people can river walk? These are some of the questions I was left with. Sleeping in the same room as kids is pretty hard. It has only worked for us when we can put them down first an sneak in once they are asleep. Even when we do that it isn't very restful b/c you're afraid to roll over or shift at all. oh well looks fun.
Your family has had a fun few weeks. I love the photo of Sam on his new bike. Did it come with the horn or did Dan add that?
Just thought I'd repeat myself in both of your posts!! Didn't mean to.
Post a Comment