Sunday, January 01, 2012

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime

Christmas was wonderful, as usual.

We started the festivities on Christmas Eve with a nice dinner with Kirk and Gretchen. We had ham and rolls (Gretchen), and salad and cheesy potatoes (me). I know, I got the easy stuff. After dinner, Kirk read the Christmas story while we acted it out with homemade puppets.



Our neighbors invited us over because Santa was coming to their house. It was great. Except for the fact that our kids hate Santa. Carter, however (and apparently Gretchen), love him.


 This is as close as Sam would get.
 Afton, too. That's our neighbor in the black dress.


They have a rule where before you get your gift from Santa, you have to sing a song. So it was nice to sing some Christmas carols (and the OU fight song - we live next door to the biggest OU fans in the world) to feel the holiday spirit. We went back to our house for dessert and to open PJs from G&G Cheney.
Christmas morning Dan and I got ready for church and woke the kids up to see their stockings and eat some breakfast before 8 a.m. Sacrament meeting.



After church we opened the rest of our presents and enjoyed Christmas tree-shaped beignets (perhaps a new tradition?) using Cafe Du Monde's recipe. Delish.











We went over to Kirk and Gretchen's house for leftovers that night and played some mean speed scrabble.


Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

C&C said...

fancy cooking! I just saw beniets (I'm sure that's spelled wrong) on the food network today. Carter and G's faces with Santa are hilarious.

SAM!!! said...

you get a new nikon lens? nice!

maynard said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. What a great family.

Sarah H said...

Great job on the puppets. Glad you could celebrate with some family. Merry Christmas. Miss you guys.

Katrina said...

Ahh, what a magical Christmas at the Dursts! I wish I'd had Christmas breakfast with you--I love Cafe DuMonde's beignets. I'm glad everyone is over being sick.

maynard said...

Can't blame Sam for keeping his distance from some wierdo in red pajamas with white hair hiding half of his face.