Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happy birthday to me

Monday was my birthday. If I wasn't officially in the late-20s before, I sure am now! The festivities actually began on Sunday because we thought it would be easier to have Kirk, Gretchen, Carter and Wendy over on that day. So we had them (as well as Megan - a friend from church - and her two kids) over for dinner, cake, and to open a few presents.

I must mention that I had a church meeting for an hour Sunday afternoon and when I came home, I discovered Dan decorating. He did an awesome job! I don't want to take the streamers down.

Dan's cake, as usual, did NOT disappoint! "Hoppy birthday, Love Bunny!"


We had a "2" and then he added 8 candles.
I was spoiled. Gretchen and Kirk got me a paper towel holder (they hate our current one). Mom and Dad got me a polarizing filter, two recipe books, and new pots and pans!

 (In a rare act of kindness, I am sharing some of my spoils. Skittles.)
The party continued on my actual birthday. The first thing Sam said to me was "Happy birthday." I was so happy he remembered! (Dan had already left for work.) Gretchen watched the kids while I did a little shopping and then she fed me and my kids lunch. I did 6 loads of laundry, sewed a little during nap time, went to the gym, had dinner w/ the fam (red beans and rice), ate cake and opened the rest of my thoughtful gifts. It was a great day!

(Pardon my post-gym appearance.)




6 comments:

C&C said...

Glad you had a good birthday,sounds like fun! You're 28 and you still get blowpops for your birthday? Is that the cute dress from Shade? What is hiding behind the blowpops? something scandalous?

SAM!!! said...

scandalous!!!!!!!!!
Oh and I would like to see a side by side of the offending paper towel holder vs. the new paper towel holder. It would be even better if I could see video of both in use. Perhaps testimonials from those who have tried both and which they prefer and why with demo.

Looks like a fun B-day weekend!

SAM!!! said...

It's not scandalous. I've been dupped by Candice. I used my CSI photo cleaning skils to determine that it is climbing gear? I think? I know for sure it is the world renowned "original" and a new and improved design.

Julie said...

Happy birthday K-bone!! I'm super impressed by Dan's decorations and cake. Everything sounded great about your birthday except for doing 6 loads of laundry. What were you thinking?!

Sarah H said...

Happy Birthday to you! Mad Props to Dan for making you a cake AND decorating!!!

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a good day. Totally impressed with his decorations and he made you a cake. He needs to talk to Dave.