Tuesday, May 22, 2012

We haven't had much going on lately. I tried to upload a video of the kids singing to Grandpa C for his birthday, but although it's uploaded on YouTube, it doesn't show up in blogger when I look at my youtube videos. Annoying.

Other things we've been up to:

We hosted two BYU folk dancers last week. That means they slept in our house, ate breakfast, and left. Two nights. Not bad. They were nice guys. Hosting also meant that we got two free tickets to their show. Dan was dying to go, but Gretchen won the arm wrestle, so she got the ticket. It was a really great show! Here's a picture of us with one of the dancers. Please note how amazing she looks after dancing for 2.5 hours and how pasty and tired I look after just watching. Yikes.
Here's the fam eating breakfast on a Saturday morning surrounded by...

ROCKWALL HOLDS. Yes, Dan is building a rockwall in our crawl space. He'll be done soon. Until then, here's a picture of what it looks like in there so far. It's not very tall, but because of the angle, it's definitely going to be challenging.
He's going to do that back wall, too.

We had K&G over for Mother's Day.

Our pomegranate tree has one fruit on it! Hey, one is better than none. We'll see if it hangs on long enough to ripen this fall.

Sam's birthday is Friday. He's been counting down the days for about two weeks. He sure is a cute kid. He wants an Iron Man cake. Not sure how I'm going to pull that one off. He's trickier than he looks. Tune in later this week to see if I succeed.

6 comments:

SAM!!! said...

That certainly sounds like ya'll are keeping busy. Pomegranates are awesome. Is that crawl space air conditioned? otherwise here comes stankonia.

Sarah H said...

Wow, a rock wall?!! I guess we'll see how good Dan really is once people start using it and it if can hold the weight of someone climbing it. ;) Pretty amazing!

Sarah H said...

Do you mean attic instead of crawl space? Isn't crawl space under the house?

Kristen said...

Well, it's not technically our attic - it's a little area off of a bedroom but above our carport. I'm never quite sure what to call it!

C&C said...

Dan is so hardcore. I see his crush on alex whats-his-face is still going strong.

Betsy said...

Dave would be jealous of that rock wall.