I thought I would be a great mom this week and take the kids strawberry picking one morning. It was only 30 minutes away, but Sam asked if we were almost there about 5 times. It was a nice little establishment. The owner explained that the strawberries were almost all gone but I might be able to find some over near the dumpster. I'm guess most other people didn't think to start by the dumpster...
We grabbed our buckets and got to picking. Sam picked about two before he said he had to use the bathroom. We trudged back to the small store they had and asked if they had a bathroom. They didn't and told us to just "go around back." When finished, we got back to the dumpster and I started picking again. Sam said he was done and would rather play in the sand. That was fine with me. Afton was content to sit for a few minutes. That's when I snapped these pictures.
Then I noticed that Afton, who had previously been eating strawberries I fed her, was now eating rotting strawberries off the ground.
So I firmly told her "no!" and she proceeded to cry and either leaned up against me or tried to sit in my lap for the rest of the time, which made it hard to squat and pick strawberries. I kept picking until I couldn't take the crying anymore, we paid, and she screamed until we were about 10 minutes from home.
Maybe I'll try again next year. Maybe I won't!
Sunday, May 06, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that strawberry patch looks beat. There were all kinds of weeds growing and such. Too bad it wan't a super super experience. Were the berries good?
That sounds and looks like fun???? What adorable kidlets Glad I get to see them soon.
your kids are a trip sista! Can't believe our parallel Saturdays. Kindred spirits.
Gotta love those experiences where you are trying to be a good mom and do something fun and it totally back fires. Happens to me often.
Post a Comment